4mm Cub jetting

I just finished up assembly of my new cub motor I need a starting place for jetting, mains,pilots and needles. I also need to know what heat range of plugs to run, and what would be a recommended front sprocket with the stock rear and 22'' tires. This is what I got.

4mm crank,68mm cub cylinders unported, coolhead 21cc domes, Boss racing intake 35mm pwk carbs,VF3 reeds, Shearer Inframes, timing kit, and lightened flywheel. I'm at sea level. I already have CEL needles and 55-50 pilots on order.

Thanks in advance

Your setup is very close to mine. I am running 165 mains at 5280 ft. I may be a little rich. On the gearing I am running a 15t on the front.

I just finished up assembly of my new cub motor I need a starting place for jetting, mains,pilots and needles. I also need to know what heat range of plugs to run, and what would be a recommended front sprocket with the stock rear and 22'' tires. This is what I got.

4mm crank,68mm cub cylinders unported, coolhead 21cc domes, Boss racing intake 35mm pwk carbs,VF3 reeds, Shearer Inframes, timing kit, and lightened flywheel. I'm at sea level. I already have CEL needles and 55-50 pilots on order.

Thanks in advance

You have the same setup I did in my cub. I used CELs, mid clip. 48 pilots (still a hair rich) and 150 or 152 mains.

And I had a lot more timing than you're running, too!! Run good old BR8ES, gapped .028.

I ran stock gearing on a 21" paddle, 72" rollout, and launched in second.

Not to be a smart ass, Todd...but, did you complete the cub package?

Longer swinger, better clutch or lockup, override tranny?