idles high then drops to normal idle

nixon186

i recently purchased a 2000 banshee. i have ridden it a few times over the last month with no issues. i just noticed that after giving it some throttle and i let off, it seems to idle about 200-300 rpm too high. it does it for about 10 seconds then it drops down to normal idle. i just lubed the throttle cable and it didn't seem to do anything. i thought it may be an airleak, but wouldn't it idle high constantly and never drop down?i'll spray it down tomorrow night anyway to check for a leak. any other ideas on what it could be? BTW... it does run perfectly.

The boost bottle doesnt leak it causes the rubber boots to crack around where it slips in to the intakes. Ethire way I would ditch the bottle. My Boss intake has a crossover tube machined in to it. I think you can get them for stock to 28mm carbs too.

BossIntake2.jpg

BossIntake1.jpg

after giving it some throttle and i let off, it seems to idle about 200-300 rpm too high. it does it for about 10 seconds then it drops down to normal idle.

Sounds textbook for a lean pilot curcuit. Pilot circuit may be too lean due to improper jet selection or foreign matter clogging the jet. That will cause the motor to display the symptoms you describe. Try adjusting your air screw(s) and see if that makes a change for you or check the pilot jets for gunk or restriction in the orifice.

Jay From SanD.

BTW: You may want to post this in the exhaust/jetting section to get more coverage.... :thumbsup:

Edited by jayzx750