Temp Guage?

I have checked out all the post on this topic but have not been able to find some info on a digital unit.. I want to instal a digital probe in the exit line from the head. I have seen some units on the web but not the one I want. They all have a small flat screen with a long thin wire for the thermometer itself. But the probe is too long , about 4 inches... Anyone know of other digital units??

I havent ever seen a digital one used on a atv. It would be harder to read when your hauling. Analog gauges you just glance down and see where the arrow is. You dont have to concentrate to try to read the accual lcd screen.

Just curious what you might pay for a trick temp meter that mounted to the bars, that you could read at a glance?

Just curious what you might pay for a trick temp meter that mounted to the bars, that you could read at a glance?

youre looking for a trail tech vapor computer.......it has tach,speedo,and temp sensor that goes in the coolant line

they mount to the bars and have shift lights and backlighting

there like 119.00 from RMATV

only draw back is you need a small battery for the shift lights and back lighting to work to full potential....

Dan

$29.99

Just take the mounting ring that it comes with and straighten it out. Cut the corners out and sandwitch inbetween the upper and lower handle bar mounts. It even has a light that comes on when the headlights are turned on.

http://www.iequus.com/product_info.php?pro...gory_id=100_105

100_1114.jpg

It comes with the capaliary tube and the sending probe on the end. You just have to make the part that it threads in to. 1 Brass T, 2 Threaded pieces of pipe, and then you nedd a really shot piece of threaded pipe, the ones that are about an inch long and all theads, Then you need a Inside threaded piece. That way you can thread the adaptor that the gauge comes with to the short stubby pice of pipe. You can just screw the temp sending unit directly in to the T because it would block the flow. You use the short all threaded pice to move the temp sender up a little so it isnt blocking the flow.

josh

that is one nice light setup you got booker, i've been thinking about getting the 200w ricky stator but I keep reading bad feedback on here. I gotta get something brighter for halsey!

Bright lights are nice. I havent had any problems with my RS stator. Exectrax make a 250 watt one too. I dont have any experiance with those though.

You should be able to get them at pretty much any hardware store. I would recomend buying your gauge first. Then go the the hardware store and see what you need. Mock it up so that way you dont buy a bunch of stuff that you dont need. Aslo make sure you dont go to big or you wont be able to get the radiator hoses to slip over the stubs of pipe. I think they uses brass fittings for pluming in gas lines. Propane, Natural Gas.