V Force 2 vs V Force 3

4stroker

A tiny dab of locktite (blue stuff) will make sure those screws back out.

I think badassbanshee479 did have a screw backout on him and trash a motor...but, I could be mistaken.

2's do make a few HP more on a dyno...nothing you'll feel or even see on a timesheet, though.

For the price, I'd get the 2s as well.

• 5 months later...
your supposed to put blue lock tight on the screws.

Locktight eats plastic. I used to locktight everything on my RC's and then realized I was stripping the screws that went ino the plastic left and right. Some research led me to the fact that locktight should only be used for metal to metal. So maybe he did mean that it will make them back out? Although I don't remember if they thread into plastic or not. I have not had any problems with my V2's either. I noticed the V3's have some sort of gasket thing that looks like it should be cut off to increase flow. Like it makes the opening smaller or something. I dunno, probably does not matter anyways.

Locktight eats plastic. I used to locktight everything on my RC's and then realized I was stripping the screws that went ino the plastic left and right. Some research led me to the fact that locktight should only be used for metal to metal. So maybe he did mean that it will make them back out? Although I don't remember if they thread into plastic or not. I have not had any problems with my V2's either. I noticed the V3's have some sort of gasket thing that looks like it should be cut off to increase flow. Like it makes the opening smaller or something. I dunno, probably does not matter anyways.

The "gasket thing" you are referring to is the stuffer I presume? They can be replaced with square ones and the circle is eliminated. Cascade sells them, VFIII Stuffers. Ive never had VFII's so i wouldnt know about the screw thing, just what i've heard about them. I run the VFIII's with no problems and no worries about any screws being injected into my cylinders. :biggrin: