V Force 2 vs V Force 3

4stroker

I can save about $100 getting the 2s over the 3s, is it worth spending the extra money?

my quad has fmf ssts, & k&N filter and the reed blocks will go on in conjunction with ported cylinders, modified head, 33mm PWKs and +4 timing.

at the moment the quad puts out 42hp at the wheels with just the pipes filter and shaved head, what sorta power can i expect when im finished modding? i know it all depends on the porting specs (local 2 stroke guru with many years experience prepping desert racing cr500s is doing the porting), but i just want a ball park figure of what to expect. i have told the tuner i am going to use the quad for flat track racing but also want it to be able to do the odd trail ride, so he's going with mainly a mid to top end port job but not overly savage (if that makes any sense!!)

thanks, mark.

Edited by 4stroker

I can save about $100 getting the 2s over the 3s, is it worth spending the extra money?

thanks, mark.

Some builders believe the 2's actually create More power than the 3's. As long as you install them properly, I would stick with the 2's. I just bought replacements for my 2's rather than spending $$$ to upgrade ..... If you didn't have the 2's already, I would say get the 3's. Spend the $100 you save on an adj timing plate (unless you already have it) and other stuff ..

Edited by Banshee0028

some have said the vf2 actually put out more power... but they are much harder to get then vf3... the 1-2 hp to me im not that worried about... if i was trying to squeeze every hp out i possibly could then i might look into it...

one thing with vf2 they have little metal screws that hold in the reeds... if one comes loose and gets sucked your pretty much kissing your moto good bye... so you HAVE to make sure you put loctitie on them...

Just the fact that the little set screw has a chance of coming out would make me get the 3s. I would rather spend the 100 more dollars then wreck my whole engine that will cost a lot more then that to fix.

Just the fact that the little set screw has a chance of coming out would make me get the 3s. I would rather spend the 100 more dollars then wreck my whole engine that will cost a lot more then that to fix.

If installed properly the said screw CANT come out. Ive had them for 6-7 years with no problems.

well dont bitch on here that your jugs got fucked up when those screws backed out, imo.

Jeez man chill. How long were the 2s out before the 3s came out? The screws backing out and falling in ur motor is pretty unlikely. I've never heard of this actually happening before. Just a bunch of talk on here about the possibility of it happening. Like someone said already. The reed cage fits over the screws elimanating the screws room to vibrate out. :mellow:

Imo, the 2s are pretty much the same as the 3s performance wise. I've had both on the same bike and could not tell a lick of difference. :starwars:

2 are discontinued.

mototarrassi or whatever its called will warrenty old sets of 2 and give you 3s.

Well if you can get the two's and save $100 buck I would do that, especially if they warranty them and will replace them with three's when they are not available any more. You can't buy the cages any more, but they will continue to make the petals for a while, bacause they can still make money off of them............