NEW BANSHEE A ARMS /YFZ450 SHOCKS

onemoretoy

I'M HAVING A SET OF A ARMS BUILT , ON A 450 WITH SUSPENSION FULLY DROPED ON THE SHOCK FROM PIN TO PIN IT MEASURES 15 1/2 INCHES ON MY BANSHEE IT 14 1/2 . NOW IF YOU MOVED THE LOWER SHOCK MOUNT OUT 1 INCH WOULD THIS FIX THE PROBLM .BY THE WAY THIS IS A J ARM BIKE . GETTING A SET OF CHROMOLY J ARMS /KIT BUILT

I had mine built like that from Sanddragon a couple years ago... I think it actually worked out to about 3/4 of an inch out because the a-arm is angled down as well. They work great by the way... don't see why it should be any different for J-arms. If you chick on my sig pic they are a bunch more pics of it there.

wouldnt you need upper & lowers built ????

Im wondering the same thing here .. I jave an 87 & I think im going to fabricate something - Arm & shock relocation brackets or Do the arms up .............. I dont know alot about banshees but I know a good portion about extending control arms on my Lowriders... HA

The shocks only mount to the lower a-arms. The upper end mounts to the frame. So if you leave the upper mount as is and move the lower mount out you get a longer eye to eye distance between the two, in order to use the longer shocks from a 450. Although just to make sure I have you're question right... yes you need to get or build both upper and lower a-arms to get the extra length, but you only need to move the mount out on the lower one.

The shocks only mount to the lower a-arms. The upper end mounts to the frame. So if you leave the upper mount as is and move the lower mount out you get a longer eye to eye distance between the two, in order to use the longer shocks from a 450. Although just to make sure I have you're question right... yes you need to get or build both upper and lower a-arms to get the extra length, but you only need to move the mount out on the lower one.

thanks for the info and yes this is a set of new chromoly jarms and lower a arms were the shock mount will be moved out , there also going to be +2+1