100 octane

Crazy05

Because pump gas is all over the place on additives and octane what is the best way to get 100 octane reliably? I have 140 kicking with 6 or 7 timing and 198 exaust. I want to run cheapper stuff than the VP 110 that is costing me 10.00 per gallon but want to know my octane and additves and whatever will always be consistant. I live in the SD area and only ride Glamis. 76, shell, Chevron or does VP make a race gas with less octane. Thanks.

Edited by Crazy05

in el cajon thers two gas stations... one off mulleson not sure if that spelled right... nd one off the 67 just a few blocks up... but that one yo got to get a membership to buy from them... i want to say its free but the hours are kinda wierd...6 or 7 bucks a gallon and mix it 50/50 with pump...

in el cajon thers two gas stations... one off mulleson not sure if that spelled right... nd one off the 67 just a few blocks up... but that one yo got to get a membership to buy from them... i want to say its free but the hours are kinda wierd...6 or 7 bucks a gallon and mix it 50/50 with pump...

Have you considered just backing the timing off a hair and running pump fuels?

Brandon

I have 175lbs en each cylinder with +7 timing. I run straight 100LL av gas and have never had any problems. Bike runs awesome, and havent lost any compression.
What is the LL in 100LL. AV gas? Do I have to buy that at an airport? how much is it per gallon

I know there is a 76 that says 100 at the pump. It's around $4.50/gal. I know in my area there is a goodspeed, they sell 110 for a little under $5 of 110. I think it ios cheaper making a 50/50 mix.

Or get a 55Gal drum of 110, probably like $220. :biggrin:

Edited by baddsheee

I know there is a 76 that says 100 at the pump. It's around $4.50/gal. I know in my area there is a goodspeed, they sell 110 for a little under $5 of 110. I think it ios cheaper making a 50/50 mix.

Or get a 55Gal drum of 110, probably like $220. :biggrin:

under 5 bucks a gallon hum? thats a very good price... what type of fuel is it? VP Trick or just normal hi octane fuel

Just run av gas bro. Thats all i run and it ranges in price (well here in kansas anyway) from 3.50 -4.00 a gallon and it is at least 100 octane and alot of people say its more along the line of 104-106. I have great luck with it and run it mixed with ams oil dominator and my shee runs like a top.