MF Flywheel!

It took a 2` long pry bar and busting up my stator or get my flywheel nut loose. Then the puller I drove an hour for stripped and then I tried my gear puller and bent a new snap on screwdriver! WTF!! How do you get that shit off without rebuilding the whole f bike!?!?

It took a 2` long pry bar and busting up my stator or get my flywheel nut loose. Then the puller I drove an hour for stripped and then I tried my gear puller and bent a new snap on screwdriver! WTF!! How do you get that shit off without rebuilding the whole f bike!?!?

man that sucks , i just bought a flywheel puller off ebay and it came off , i know what your going through i have had similar problems where you feel like taking a hammer to the whole thing .

try a little heat to it

Did you make sure it was threaded far enough in before trying to pull it?? I stripped the first couple threads off a puller once, just force that bitch in there as you already fucked it up. If worse comes to worse, weld that puller on there and bust it off once you get that flywheel off. I also know what yur goin through, they can be a bitch sometimes.

Try and salvage the puller you already have, take a break and come back to it tomorow....

Yeah, you simply have to buy the special puller. I was wise enough to give up trying to pull it with rig up jobs. All your going to do is damage stuff without the special puller. You need an impact wrench to get the nut off.

How did you break the stator? :blink:

Yeah, you simply have to buy the special puller. I was wise enough to give up trying to pull it with rig up jobs. All your going to do is damage stuff without the special puller. You need an impact wrench to get the nut off.

I got the nut off. but I stck a screwdriver through the holes to hold it from turning and I think I smeared the stator. I ordered another puller already, the old one is about 5 houses down somewhere in someone backyard. Now that its already broke,. Illl continue the way I started,. but is there any trick to getting the flywheel back on when ready? Dont wanna break the new stator I didnt need to just pay $125 for.

if you can get access to a impact gun thread the puller in all the way and one fast burrp from her and it should snap off... dont use the hub type puller with the arms casue you will get behind the flywheel and bust your magnets thn you got to buy one of those too ...

Sounds like someones party is getting kinda expensive for a flywheel pull. Ouch

I got another puller,.got it off, the flywheel is fuct too. I ordered one of those this morning. $300 to advance my timing 4 degrees HEHEHEHEH :happy: That shit was all beat up before I got to it anyways and I got one lightened. Hopefully I get em all before this weekend or Ill be pissed of all over again. Is there any special way to put that wheel back on? Do ya just tighten the nut back to push it on and is there a limit?

I got another puller,.got it off, the flywheel is fuct too. I ordered one of those this morning. $300 to advance my timing 4 degrees HEHEHEHEH :happy: That shit was all beat up before I got to it anyways and I got one lightened. Hopefully I get em all before this weekend or Ill be pissed of all over again. Is there any special way to put that wheel back on? Do ya just tighten the nut back to push it on and is there a limit?

Make sure the flywheel is lined up with the woodruff key, and use an impact to tighten the nut, that's it!

motion pro pullers are so cheap i buy them 3 at a time. the bikes i buy , most had water in the stator cover so the threads are rusted. i start by spraying the threads with wd 40, then wire brush the shit out of them before i even try threading the puller in.half inch impact wrench is a must.