reed spacers

i got a set of reed spacers but they don't have any gaskets? is there supposed to be gaskets or not? i don't want to put these in and have a air leak

yes they will need gaskets unless you are putting them between intakes and reeds and your intakes have rubber o-rings or are stock intakes .in that case you only need them between the reed cage and reed spacer.if your putting them between reed cage and cylinder then you need them on both sides of the spacer.

• 1 month later...

Hey i was just wondering whats the differents of having the spacers under or above the reeds ? What is better or does it matter? :blink:

Edited by savage420

The bike shop where i bought mine said that THEY HAVE TO GO AFTER THE REEDS. After the reeds is under i'm assuming. If you have no gaskets then apply some yamabond on both sides before you slap them on. They make about as much difference on the bike as the boost bottle. good luck.

Im not going to be using the spacers to make more power...i need them cause i have bigger carbs and pro design intakes that make the carbs sit more level.... :evil:

What would be the differents in puting them under my intakes instead of puting them under my Reed blocks?

If you would have gotten the boss racing intake you wouldnt have needed to run reed spacers. They move the carbs up and out of the way of the clutch arm. Plus it has a built in crossover.

BossIntake2.jpg

BossIntake1.jpg

I would say that the reeds go between the cylinders and reeds.

Jeremy_sPassionEngine.jpg