This is NOT happening

you kids bitch about going to school for 8 hours? big deal! its no differant then working for 8 hours... so to say you have a life is stupid... you have plenty of time after to do what ever your "life" consists of... you bitch about 8 hours, wait till some of you get jobs that work 12 hour days then you wont be bitching too much about 8 hours in school...

no sh..... i worked 10-12 day during week.. 4-6 hrs saturday & sundays for about 3 months straight.

and thats how i paid to do this ....

138045452549_3300.jpg

163955048581_3300.jpg

and i still had a life ..

went out with girlfriend,did stuff with son,feed dog,paybills,keep house clean,do laundry,feed myself,maintain truck, see my point

welcome to reality ............................. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you kids bitch about going to school for 8 hours? big deal! its no differant then working for 8 hours... so to say you have a life is stupid... you have plenty of time after to do what ever your "life" consists of... you bitch about 8 hours, wait till some of you get jobs that work 12 hour days then you wont be bitching too much about 8 hours in school...

Going to school for 8 hours has nothing to do with working a certain amount of hours. This winter Ive had to work 25 hours straight on more then one occausion for my dad snow plowing and in the summer I work from 7:30 in the morning to 5. I dont mind working long hours or any hours at that manner but if we have more hours at school then that takes away from time I could be working. And trust me I have little time to work my my banshee and do what I like to do after school with work and all. Im not bitching a bit about haveing to work its the fact of extending school when Im already getting good grades and doing what Im suppose to do

on a different note... I think it might be a good idea to have an option for kids to go to school at night. I believe that some people are "morning people" and some folks are "night owls". Im much more productive during the late nights and so is my boy. We both hate to wake up at 6 am and we both enjoy staying up late hours. I'll take 3 am over 11am any day.

no sh..... i worked 10-12 day during week.. 4-6 hrs saturday & sundays for about 3 months straight.

and thats how i paid to do this ....

138045452549_3300.jpg

163955048581_3300.jpg

and i still had a life ..

went out with girlfriend,did stuff with son,feed dog,paybills,keep house clean,do laundry,feed myself,maintain truck, see my point

welcome to reality ............................. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have a job to man in the summer and some weekends. Its more seasonal work. Im on my feet for over 12 hours a day. Hell I worked a 16 hour day once, I don't complain. Its money for the banshee. Im not a stoner. I was just letting my opinion be known that I thought that 2 more hours wouldn't do much but make us more bored. 5-6 hours is perfect for the people who want to succeed and are good in school.

I have a job to man in the summer and some weekends. Its more seasonal work. Im on my feet for over 12 hours a day. Hell I worked a 16 hour day once, I don't complain. Its money for the banshee. Im not a stoner. I was just letting my opinion be known that I thought that 2 more hours wouldn't do much but make us more bored. 5-6 hours is perfect for the people who want to succeed and are good in school.

i am not baggin on you specifically...................

ok apply yourself for 2 more hours and be that much ahead of the game......... :beer:

My question is are they actually going to step up and start actually teaching these kids something during all of those 8 hours. Makes you wonder what they're doing for those 6 hours already with how stupid most kids are today.

I don't know if you can compare work to school, depending on the type of work it's apples to oranges. I know I would have much rather worked then been in highschool because that's just the way I was. But yeah to complain about learning for 8 hours compared to working your ass off for 12-20 hours in the heat or cold is bullshit, a lot of kids have it way to easy. (not implying that to anyone in this thread however)

I don't know if you can compare work to school, depending on the type of work it's apples to oranges. I know I would have much rather worked then been in highschool because that's just the way I was. But yeah to complain about learning for 8 hours compared to working your ass off for 12-20 hours in the heat or cold is bullshit, a lot of kids have it way to easy. (not implying that to anyone in this thread however)

Education is one of favorite excuses to get on my soap box about. My main concern for kids is that they need to learn how to work for things and not just expect things to be handed to them. One of the most important things about school is learning how to interact and work with others. There is a large gradient of the amount of knowledge that a kid absorbs from school. Some kids are smart and learn very easily, while other have a hard time learning and school is frustrating for them and that will always be the case. However, if you can get along with people and present yourself well, then you will always be successful with your lot in life. Of course, a kids outcome has alot to do with their home life. It seems that the quality of parenting has gone south too.

I suppose the reason I get worked up about this is that I have worked very hard for everything that I have in my life. Barely anything was ever given to me, though my parents were very supportive and provided direction when I needed it. It seems like a big chunk of the population has forgotten how to work for anything. All anyone seems to want any more is to find a short cut through life.

Education is one of favorite excuses to get on my soap box about. My main concern for kids is that they need to learn how to work for things and not just expect things to be handed to them. One of the most important things about school is learning how to interact and work with others. There is a large gradient of the amount of knowledge that a kid absorbs from school. Some kids are smart and learn very easily, while other have a hard time learning and school is frustrating for them and that will always be the case. However, if you can get along with people and present yourself well, then you will always be successful with your lot in life. Of course, a kids outcome has alot to do with their home life. It seems that the quality of parenting has gone south too.

I suppose the reason I get worked up about this is that I have worked very hard for everything that I have in my life. Barely anything was ever given to me, though my parents were very supportive and provided direction when I needed it. It seems like a big chunk of the population has forgotten how to work for anything. All anyone seems to want any more is to find a short cut through life.

I agree 100% with you, could not have said it any better myself ! most kids dont realize what it takes to put food on the table..Also like you said I cant beleive some of the parents out there ! they may be a good parent but dont give there kids direction..

on a different note... I think it might be a good idea to have an option for kids to go to school at night. I believe that some people are "morning people" and some folks are "night owls". Im much more productive during the late nights and so is my boy. We both hate to wake up at 6 am and we both enjoy staying up late hours. I'll take 3 am over 11am any day.

I always liked that idea too. I don't really start mentally waking up until 3 or 4pm, lol.

I think it's a good idea about longer hours in schools. Get all the free education you can...You'll be glad you did when you get tossed out in the world and have to pay a house note, car note, insurance, and put food on your table. Good paying jobs are getting harder to find, and the more educated you are, the better off you'll be. Even if you're making good grades now, take a class just for the hell of it, you never know what you might need in the future :thumbsup: