Hi temp powdercoating...

theshee

Got them from a guy on ebay with a store, his name was sandsports1032 or something similar to that. His account is closed now, maybe someone was pissed off worse them me and went after him LOL.... Im not that upset, I think aftermarket chrome looks better anyway.

Okay sorry, I was busy all day. Yes both the black and the silver on the pipe are high temp coatings. The silver is rated at 1300 degrees, and the black is rated for 2000 degrees. They do dull from heat not real bad and you can polish it back out. I help out at a shop that does coatings, so I know a thing or two about them yes.

Okay sorry, I was busy all day. Yes both the black and the silver on the pipe are high temp coatings. The silver is rated at 1300 degrees, and the black is rated for 2000 degrees. They do dull from heat not real bad and you can polish it back out. I help out at a shop that does coatings, so I know a thing or two about them yes.

Kaotik, I run a powder coating business. I have been doing it full time 5 years now, but with all my larger accounts I dont have much time to experiment with different powders and such. Is there any way you could tell me the manufacturer and part #'s of those powders. The only hi temps I had used didnt look nearly as good as yours but that was a few years ago and as you know the powders are getting better all the time. Thanks for your time.

Kaotik, I run a powder coating business. I have been doing it full time 5 years now, but with all my larger accounts I dont have much time to experiment with different powders and such. Is there any way you could tell me the manufacturer and part #'s of those powders. The only hi temps I had used didnt look nearly as good as yours but that was a few years ago and as you know the powders are getting better all the time. Thanks for your time.

I run a powder coating shop in alberta ,canada, im not sure about the parts #s but i do have the black and its made by tiger/drylac and i know du pont and morton make a hi-temp silver,I`ll check the # tomarrow for the black that i have.

Does the company you work for have a website?

How much would it run to coat PTR mids black?

The pipes and silencers?

just the pipes?

Do the different colors cost different amounts?

I HATE chrome but they come in unfinished, lucky me :)

I run a powder coating shop in alberta ,canada, im not sure about the parts #s but i do have the black and its made by tiger/drylac and i know du pont and morton make a hi-temp silver,I`ll check the # tomarrow for the black that i have.

I appreciate you guys time. I have used morton hi-temp(now called rohm & haas) and it held up decent but wasnt near as shiny or smooth which also made mud bond and bake to it better also. Anyone else have any input. Are you guys sure what you had wasnt ceramic coating which is another ballgame?

I appreciate you guys time. I have used morton hi-temp(now called rohm & haas) and it held up decent but wasnt near as shiny or smooth which also made mud bond and bake to it better also. Anyone else have any input. Are you guys sure what you had wasnt ceramic coating which is another ballgame?

My stuff is for sure ceramic. Both the black and the polished.

Ya all the hi-temp powder coatings i have used have like a sand-tex finish to them,so i could see how mud would stick them.

My stuff is for sure ceramic. Both the black and the polished.

so its a ceramic powder coat, with a gloss like smooth finish, not textured?

the reason i havent done this yet, is the texture, way too hard to keep clean. if you can clean it.

so its a ceramic powder coat, with a gloss like smooth finish, not textured?

the reason i havent done this yet, is the texture, way too hard to keep clean. if you can clean it.

I have not had the black in the mud yet, but the polished stuff is just fine. It is smooth and everything comes off.

Years ago, I powdercoated my headers, they only had black at 1200 degrees and all other colors at 400 degrees. I tried the silver 400 degrees and the first 8" of the header peeled a few months later. So for everyone to know. 400 degree powercoat won't hold up....I'm sure higher temp colors are out now..