oil-gas mix

jasong

yamaha recomends 25:1 if youre using a good oil, and 20:1 for a cheapie oil.

with that said, i dont know anyone besides myself that actually runs 25:1. seems like everyone runs 32:1 and up, but i figure its best to play it safe and run a bit rich on the oil. nobody ever blew an engine because they listened to the factory 's recomendation on oil. on the other hand im sure theres been more than a few who burned their engines up running without enough oil.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yamaha recomends 25:1 if youre using a good oil, and 20:1 for a cheapie oil.

with that said, i dont know anyone besides myself that actually runs 25:1. seems like everyone runs 32:1 and up, but i figure its best to play it safe and run a bit rich on the oil. nobody ever blew an engine because they listened to the factory 's recomendation on oil. on the other hand im sure theres been more than a few who burned their engines up running without enough oil.

yep I run the 927 @ 24:1. I wanna keep the bottom end lubed well. I dont care about a little extra smoke. Only the guy on the 4 choke behind me has to worry about it. I use 93 octane with it as well. When I get my noss head,. I might lean it a little to about 28-32:1 with the higher CR though.

i guess im the only one daring enough to run 64-1 and 80-1 with the amsoil

no signs of any wear when i had the jug pulled off a few weeks ago

i evan ran it almost completely out of water once on a 95 degree day

for hours without knowing it had happeneed

so id guess it protects just fine for me

I just got my banshee a few days ago and the guy at the dealership said the first tank is mixed a 20:1 really rich for the break in, after I run that tank out he said to run yama-lube 2R with 91 pump gas @ 32:1 , 91 is the highest octane you can buy at the pump here, I though about KLOTZ or Maxima but he said it would dilute an wouldnt stay mixed wich would cause a blown top-end, so im gonna stick with yama-lube for now.

He said though that KLOTZ an Maxima are good oils he said if I was gonna use those I need to run out what is put in my tank that day.

Edited by BansheeRider71

I just got my banshee a few days ago and the guy at the dealership said the first takn is mixed a 20:1 really rich for the break in, after I run that takn out he said to run yama-lube 2R with 91 pump gas @ 32:1 , 91 is the highest octane you can buy at the pump here, I though about KLOTZ or Maxima but he said it would dilute an wouldnt stay mixed wich would cause a blown top-end, so im gonna stick with yama-lube for now.

Its not that it always seperates, but any thing ester based (castor oils) will seperate in cold weather. Thats why I run a synthetic during the winter and use the castor during the summer. I like the lubrication better with the castor.

So is what your saying is in the summer it wont dilute/seperate, but in the winter when its cold it wont mix together right an blend properly which is what causes it to dilute/seperate.

Ya basically. Think of it like water and butter. when its cold the butter will clump up and. but when the water is heated up it will melt and be a liquid just like the water.

i guess im the only one daring enough to run 64-1 and 80-1 with the amsoil

no signs of any wear when i had the jug pulled off a few weeks ago

i evan ran it almost completely out of water once on a 95 degree day

for hours without knowing it had happeneed

so id guess it protects just fine for me

+1,

Amsoil interceptor or dominator is the only way to go. I went 2 years, and hundreds if not thousands of rides without fouling one plug. You can run the 20w50 2-stroke stuff to, it smells like chocolate cake :notworthy:

• 2 months later...