Cuting Plastics

MarineNYC

Is there a thread on how to cut the front plastic?? If not then what is the best way to cut them? Sawzaw??lol. I just dont want to screw it up. Where do u guys usually start and end the cut @? ty guys u are alwayz so helpful

Edited by MarineNYC

Is there a thread on how to cut the front plastic?? If not then what is the best way to cut them? Sawzaw??lol. I just dont want to screw it up. Where do u guys usually start and end the cut @? ty guys u are alwayz so helpful

I'm not sure if there's a thread but when I cut mine a used a dremel with a tile cutting bit....worked very well. What I did was figured out what I wanted to cut off and then layed a piece of tape down for reference. I started at the bottom rear of the fender and cut along the tape. once it was all off I used some sand paper and smoothed everything out.

Same as most have already said, Except we used a jig saw with a " Down cut " blade. Mark it out with masking tape, to make sure your lines are straight with each other. Then sand down the edges with some fine sand paper, justto take the sharp edges off.

have a friend help hold them while cutting. Just take your time and you`ll do fine :biggrin:

i did just like they did except i used a roto-zip.....

works great but ya gotta have a steady hand

Dan

What bit did you use? I tried the Rotozip but it would melt the plastic..

Since it was summer we let the bike sit in the 100 degree temp which will soften the plastic.

Sharp utility knife sliced it like butter!

What bit did you use? I tried the Rotozip but it would melt the plastic..

Since it was summer we let the bike sit in the 100 degree temp which will soften the plastic.

Sharp utility knife sliced it like butter!

it was the plastic/vinyl cutting bit.......worked awesome

only time it melted the plastic was when the depth stop came out of adjustment and the bit went too deep

Dan

it was the plastic/vinyl cutting bit.......worked awesome

only time it melted the plastic was when the depth stop came out of adjustment and the bit went too deep

Dan

Right on, I went to Home Depot & asked for a plastic bit & told me there was no such thing! Damn basturds!! And I believed :banghead: & took something else. Now I know. The rear Maier plastic is thicker so I think I give that Rotozip another shot! Thanks.