wheelie bar

bladesracing

Dave Moore makes some really nice bars too...

http://www.davemooreracing.com/wheelie_bar.php

Or you could always find a friend that has a welder and skills...I had one of my friends make me one for this year

bikepics-782221-800.jpg

You bring that wheelie bar to LS for the HQ trip I'm crying foul...cheat....LOL..

:yelrotflmao:

Whole reason I'm going 14 over is I don't want to run a wheelie bar...:)

:thumbsup:

You bring that wheelie bar to LS for the HQ trip I'm crying foul...cheat....LOL..

:yelrotflmao:

Whole reason I'm going 14 over is I don't want to run a wheelie bar...:)

:thumbsup:

Oh hell no, it's staying home for track use ONLY! I'll be out there battling the 4mil on a +8 arm and marvin shaws :biggrin:

To be 100% honest, I didn't want to run one either, but I know if I want to be seriously competitive at my track I'll need one. I was going to run a really long swingarm, but I was told by several people that once the arm gets to be so long, you start losing traction because your rear wheels are hanging out the back of the bike so far....which makes some sense to me, but can't vouch for it since I've never tried it. My decision was based on 3-400 bucks for a new swingarm and hope it's enough, or 150 for a wheelie bar that I'm sure will work. I spent all my cheddar on the engine this go round, I don't have much cash left for anything else...LOL

True enough!!!

Plus...I know you race on pavement, very unforgiving and a bar is a must.

I'm going to be running a LOT of paddle and a LONG arm...and see how it works out for me. Got my 14 paddles last weekend, gonna be getting my 14 over arm soon. You and I are big buys, Travis...so, traction shouldn't be a problem....Plus, I'm building a little bigger motor, too!!!

My buddy always builds 10 mils with 14 over, 14 paddles, just a combo that has always proven to work for him.

I really look forward to seeing how yours runs, do you plan to take it to any tracks and get some time slips?

I just got my frame back tonight from getting lightened, along with the wheelie bar completed. If all goes well I'm hoping to have it pretty much wrapped up by the end of the month. It'll give me a chance to put some seat time on it before LS...

I really look forward to seeing how yours runs, do you plan to take it to any tracks and get some time slips?

I just got my frame back tonight from getting lightened, along with the wheelie bar completed. If all goes well I'm hoping to have it pretty much wrapped up by the end of the month. It'll give me a chance to put some seat time on it before LS...

Absolutely Travis. Probably not before LS ride, IF I can make it. Trying like hell to finish my build, get seat time, and square away funds....

I dropped my frame, cases and hubs at the powder coaters Saturday...so, hopefully have it back this weekend.

There's a 300ft Sand drag 2 hours from home I like to go to, pretty much every other weekend during the latter part of next year. It's in Grand River Racing's backyard, pretty much. Met Andy in person up there once...and made a LOT of good friends from there as well.

I ran a best of 4.7 on my old 4 mil, and consistent 4.9's, that was with a FULL frame, stock clutch, stock tranny, gas, etc. and a FAT boy at the controls...:)

I'm hoping with a lightened JArm frame, 10 mil, alky, lockup and override to pull 4 teens or low 4 twentys.

Next the pilot will need to diet...LOL...damn those Krispy Kremes....

I'm going with a big arm and a lot of paddles....so I'm going to be learning how to ride this thing all over again...the only thing I'm using off the old one is tires, some controls and plastics. Other than that...EVERYTHING is either brand new or taken from another bike!!

Should be fun buddy!!!

You guys are missing the boat with the long swingers. With all that wheelspin and stock frame getting squirrely, they really aren't that much fun to race.

I rode a 4 mil cub my boy put together on a stock frame, 14 over with 12 paddle extremes.

It ran hard, an STILL came up and got all sorts of traction.

Good 60 foot time and all.

Before I rode that bike, I would've agreed with you 100%. However, after running one of his, I can't argue his logic or building, period!!!

For the price I'm getting my swinger for and my hookup, I can sell it for what I paid or possibly make a few duckets if it doesn't work out...so, I'm going on his advice.

depends on the surface your running on.. down here that combo would net you losses left and right.. because it would just spin most of the way down the track.. hell with the 10 over i was running on my 4mm cub it was sometimes too long with 12 paddle ul's all depending on the surface it was being ran on..

the idea is to get out long enough to prevent you from flipping over or pulling up uncontrollably.. any longer and your just spinning the tires too much.. too short and your going to have problems launching..

depends on the surface your running on.. down here that combo would net you losses left and right.. because it would just spin most of the way down the track.. hell with the 10 over i was running on my 4mm cub it was sometimes too long with 12 paddle ul's all depending on the surface it was being ran on..

the idea is to get out long enough to prevent you from flipping over or pulling up uncontrollably.. any longer and your just spinning the tires too much.. too short and your going to have problems launching..

Yo B, we are talking about asphalt correct?

It is much easier to throttle off a bar to keep the tire planted on asphalt. From my experience at least. VS...dirt,sand,gravel,moon dust etc...

lol

Dune

Way kewl B, true dat though, not much use for a +14 arm. Not for our use at least.Lol, last trip out seen a bike with a bar that looked like a wheel on a noodle going down the track...HAHAHAHA, he parked next to us in the pit and Robert and I were busting out laughing. The bar was still wobblin up/down/side to side 5 minutes after the bike was parked.

Ummm, buy a good bar of usable length.

lol

Dune