swing arm extensions

SmokinBanshee96

Im not sure you would benefit much from an extended swinger, but if you get one get one from locogato. His stuff is nice, and tough. I wouldnt trade my loco +4 for any +4 out there.

Chrome.jpg

what do you guys think about the swing arm extensions? any one have em'? what would be a good swing arm to go with for the price, i want to do all around riding... some mx, but mainly trails.... thanks

I have one on my shee, I do riding around, strong trail riding and just the little jumps you run into out on the trails. I've had no problems what so ever with the extension. I think you will be okay as long as you dont go wild with it. Then again Loco could build you an arm resonable, I've seen his work and it is top notch. Either way I think you'll be okay. gipperz :beer:

If you are talking about the bolt on extensions, I wouldn't trust them, your ass depends on that thing holding up good. But if you are talking about an extended swingarm (the whole arm) then yes they are good when you start increasing your horse power. The more power you have the longer the swinger needs to be to hold the front end down, but you also loose traction with the longer swinger which is usually compensated by with more paddles. It really depends on what type of riding you do and how much modding you have done to your bike. PM Loco, he puts out some pretty good swingers from what I have heard..............

By the way welcome to the HQ and the addiction................

• 2 weeks later...

Drag race = sure

MX = no way.

Simple as that. the bolt on stuff i would never ride with one of those.

Pick where you ride the bike the most and pick your swinger based on that.

I drag race only i have a plus 8 with 10 paddle if this helps.

what do you guys think about the swing arm extensions? any one have em'? what would be a good swing arm to go with for the price, i want to do all around riding... some mx, but mainly trails.... thanks

for trails and mx i think your looking for a swing arm reduction not an extension

If you are talking about the bolt on extensions, I wouldn't trust them, your ass depends on that thing holding up good. But if you are talking about an extended swingarm (the whole arm) then yes they are good when you start increasing your horse power. The more power you have the longer the swinger needs to be to hold the front end down, but you also loose traction with the longer swinger which is usually compensated by with more paddles. It really depends on what type of riding you do and how much modding you have done to your bike. PM Loco, he puts out some pretty good swingers from what I have heard..............

By the way welcome to the HQ and the addiction................

I tend to agree. Those swingarm extensions look pretty dubious to me. I have seen alot of guys running them, but only in the dunes. If nothing else, they look silly. :thumbsup: