Temp Gauges

theshee

I am going to be putting a temp gauge on the shee and was just wondering how everybody was mounting them. I am tying to think of a cool way to mount one up and have a nice clean install but I cant think of a way right now.. anybody have pic of what they have done?

That looks nice Rippen. I wonder if there is enough room to do that on top of the rad cover? Im going to have to do some looking at the plastics and see what I can do. Thanks fellas!

That looks nice Rippen. I wonder if there is enough room to do that on top of the rad cover? Im going to have to do some looking at the plastics and see what I can do. Thanks fellas!

Thanks man, Iam not sure about clearance up on the rad... Actually I bet you maybe able to fit it there..

Oh and glad I could help.. :beer:

RIPPEN

Thanks man, Iam not sure about clearance up on the rad... Actually I bet you maybe able to fit it there..

Oh and glad I could help.. :beer:

RIPPEN

heres mine ...its a trail tech vapor it has tach,speedo,temp(motor and outside)shift lights...

and a buncha other crap

only disadvantage is ya have to run a small battery

heres a pic of the unit itself and how i did my battery

100_0799.jpg

and heres the battery in the air box

100_0800.jpg

what kinda temps you guys runin????

Iused to be runnin 210-220, then i got my cool head and now im runnin 140-160, i have to have like no airflow to run 170

I have a pretty sick setup, on my right light, i put a mounting where my gauge is facing me, there is a little mount that curls around light and thats where my gauge is mounted

I'll help you hook one up when we put your stuff together. Its not hard and you can mount them anywhere you want one. I usually put mine on the bars so I can see it easily. DONT get one of those little shitty ones. THey vibrate all over the place and you can't read them when you are riding. I'll show you where and how we can hook up a big one for you.

- Jared

You want a temp gauge so this doesn't happen. ROFLMFAO!! Fucking around at deadman last july. was mid 90's that day, no wind, and we were romping on it pretty hard up and down deadman. Had a crowd of people at the top so rick and I were showing off. LOL Wasn't paying attention to temp at all and it got all shitty so I stopped up top and looked at the temp gauge. ol blue was not a happy camper that day.

DSC00240-1.jpg

Edited by BigRed350x

hey maybe bigred can help me how are yall putting the sender thing in the hose. i want to do that but i dont know how to put the other end in the hose. should i just put a pipe in the hose or just drill the thing into the hose. help would be great pictures would be better.

Here you go samdust. This is a good clean way to do it. This is how I am going to do it, Im just not sure where to mount the gauge. I want something really clean and nice looking... but this is a good way to get your sender in the hose... banshee temp mod