reed spacers

leeh226

well there are two debates over reed spacers..

one is that they go motor side or carb side....

the other is that they creat more turbulance and increas power and others including my self say they are worthless cept to clear your clutch arm for bigger carbs...

there have been no dyno results that i know of that have proven that they produce any gains there for im adomate that they do nothing but clear the clutch arm

From the motor side, it goes:

Reed Cage, Spacer, Intake. I agree...no concreted evidence of performance gains, just clear the clutch arm..:)

I agree with the order that dajogejr has it in. They do not add any hp. They are suppose to help throttle snap just like a boost bottle. Not that it is noticable!

From the motor side, it goes:

Reed Cage, Spacer, Intake. I agree...no concreted evidence of performance gains, just clear the clutch arm..:)

Longer intake runners on cars help with top end. Look at the N/A Drag cars. It is your call on wheather the longer intake track makes up for the extra crank case volume on a banshee. :shrug:

Not trying to start WWIII but I would think they would go between the engine and reeds.

#1 If your running V Force 3 reeds with the round opeaning that would cause way to much turbulance.

#2 They are called reedspacers. Not Intake spacers or carburetor spacers. (just messing with ya)

#3 Passion Racing Pic from they'er web page.

Jeremy_sPassionEngine.jpg

Longer intake runners on cars help with top end. Look at the N/A Drag cars. It is your call on wheather the longer intake track makes up for the extra crank case volume on a banshee. :shrug:

BIG difference between 8 cylinder 4 stroke and a twin2 stroker...

Either way...doesn't matter. You might net .5 HP on a dyno...somewhere someway...

Nothing you'll ever notice by the "butt dyno", on a track or on a timeslip....

Thanks for everybodys imput... So pretty much throw them away since I have 28mm carbs and no clearance issues... Bansh-eman, very nice on the bouncing boobs....

No...sell 'em. Someone with OEM cylinders and bigger carbs can use 'em. I bought 'em for my cub, never used 'em, and still got back 75% of my money for them, better than nuthin!!!

Yeah, tell me about it...those jugs are mezmerizing...

Leave them off, you will lose hp on the dyno. I know!!! Very minimal and only when you whack the throttle. They create a small dip in the curve. I tried the between the reeds and motor and between the carbs and reeds. No gain, just minimal losses.