Barnett Clutch Basket with Replacable Stainless Steel Inserts

jbooker82

Has anybody tried the Barnett Billit Clutch Basket? They have replaceable stainless steel inserst. I would imagen that the stainless steel wouldnt grove as easily as aluminum. If they do groove you can replace the insert and have a bran new clutch basket again. They also have a pretty nice looking pressure plate.

Here is the link.

Barnett Billit Clutch Basket LINK

cat_family-17.jpg

I have a barnett on mine I got it soon after they came out. I like it. I have never had a problem with mine. I have had it for just over 4 years I think... My buddy has one too and has had no problems. :thumbsup:

this isnt the same barrnet you have these are brand new... the plates can be replaced on these if they get grooved rather then geting a full new basket...

I bet they are pricey. Would be nice to have the replacable parts though. I've trashed quite a few stockers over the years. Haven't ever just dropped the coin for a billet piece. Will probably have to do that this year I guess.

- Jared

Honestly J...I don't think you need straight cuts yet. Or...I should say, I don't think you could justify PAYING for them. If you could make them for cheap, might be worth it.

I'm keeping angled gearing on my 10 mil...

Just save a few bucks, get a billet basket. I have the off brand magnum from Jeff @ FAST. I ran it all last year and I drag raced 90% of the time, and one weekend at the dunes. My motor is torn down right now...and that basket looks as new as the day I got it. No wear, notches, or anything....

I think you're overspending on that steel insert basket, and...what if a rivet comes loose or breaks. Just one more thing I wouldn't want bouncing around in my tranny/clutch area...

Just my .02.

this isnt the same barrnet you have these are brand new... the plates can be replaced on these if they get grooved rather then geting a full new basket...

Yes I have one of these clutch baskets!!!!!!!!! I was wrong on how many years I have had it. I looked up my invoice and it is dated 1/3/2005. I have had it for 2 years! Time flys when your having fun. :yelrotflmao: There is also a ad for the clutch baskets in the October 2003 issue of Dirtwheels.