ACIDTONE

It's acetone. And it can be added to fuel, it actually helps to break up deposits in fuel injection systems, it's used in basically all thos fuel injection cleaners at Pep Boys or Vato Zone. I don't know how much you actually mix, I've heard 1 ounce to 1 gallon, but I'm not 100% on that. If your planning on using it on a Banshee, I wouldn't it only takes an hour to take off the carbs and actually clean them, and that will work better. I wouldn't risk harming the engine when there is a simple proven way to clean the carbs.

I wouldnt put in any additive that hasent been proven to work in 2 stroke atv/bike engines. It could end up binding all sorts of shit up. Never have never will. If you dont see it in pro shops and mechanics either dont know if it will work or they tell you they wouldnt use it in their bikes that pretty much sums it up.

Will that gas still allow the engine to produce good power?

We used to put acetone in our gas back in the early 90's when we had leaded fuels. Nowadays we just run 92 octane unleaded. I cant remember why we did it, but I can ask dyno dave next time I see him.

I wouldnt put it in my gas. Acetone is way more flamable and volital than gasoline. If you add it to your fuel your are lowing the octane number. To low then you start detonating.

Try an experiment. Put some plastic parts in acetone. Watch them melt and think if that would be cool to do to the plastic and rubber parts in your carburetor, fuel tank, and fuel tank valve.

Do you really think that all the big name oil companies paid there Chemical Engineer's big money, and come to find out they for got to add the acetone?

mythbusters tried acetone in some fuel economy test and proved it to be bogus.

jbooker82, acetone only attacks certain types of plastics, not all of them. i am reasonable sure the banshee gas tank and the rest of the plastic and rubber parts in the fuel system would be OK. but hey you still wont find me running acetone in my fuel.