Good Winter Oil?

dante

Did the Amsoil you were useing state it was safe for a wet clutch. Ive heard of this happening to a few other people too but they were using the wrong oil.

Well my dealer (who I trust very much known the guy forever) just became a Ams dealer. they raced a banshee in the 12 hour race 2 years ago with it. They used ams oil and never had a problem. He loved it so After doing my engine work I stalled a new clutch with hinson basket and used the same oil they did. so yes I did use the correct oil. I then used a barnett clutch. Clutch slipped, went to a CP, BP or somethi0ng like that. it was expensice though and it fried that one too. Then I switch oils and all was good.

Maybe it has to do with clutches too>? not sure but nether me or my friend are ams oil fans. My friend is also mechianicaly inlclined so I wouldn't think he would make any stupid mistakes.

When I had my stockish motor in 05, My tranny never shifted great, even though the clutch was new and the adjustments were perfect.

A local Scamsoil dealer told me to run their gear lube (Yes....the stuff for two stroke trannys) and it'll shift like butter.

Well, butter went to shit...cause it didn't shift any better, if anything..worse. Just went back to GearSaver, 80W.

Gonna be running 2 qts of ATF in my override/lockup, per the shop that cut it...