Low compression?

GFB

I purchased a 95 banshee yesterday. It was used as a pit quad for somebody who raced, so some bolt on stuff eventually made it onto it from the race quad. Previous owner claims it has a major port/polish and the top end has about 30 hours on a rebuild. I bought it from the racer's nephew and he did not know specifics of the build. It runs strong with no hiccups but it starts way too easy. I can push the kick lever down with my hand almost. Got any ideas what to check? This is my first quad but I'm no wrenching rookie.

01-17-07_1339.jpg

It runs strong with no hiccups but it starts way too easy. I can push the kick lever down with my hand almost. Got any ideas what to check? This is my first quad but I'm no wrenching rookie.

Sounds like you have a nice Banshee man!

Yeah do a compression test to make sure. You never know where your compression is and you could end up blowing a motor if you dont know. As far as it kicking over easy thats just how 2 strokes are I can start mine at 150 psi in each cyl with an easy kick. Its when its cold and flooded out when you have to hold open your throttle and kick it like a muel.