balance tube block off plugs

I bought a pair of those from a guy at the Sand Sport Super Show a few years ago. He claimed you gain power with them since by replacing the balance tube withthem each cylinder is running off of it's own carb. And the engine isn't sharing the air/fuel charge.

Still haven't put them in to test his theory. Maybe next trip out after I get the HID set-up finished.

I have plugs on my bike, Imade mine, they were free. I think they do have a purpose. But it is far beyond a topic of discussion. In a perfect world, the balance tube is supposed to take some abnormalities away at certain RPM's. And then came the "boost bottle". What a crock. You don't need the tube, or the bottle. If you want to get the plugs, get them. It cleans things up around the motor, and is more pleasing to the eye, if nothing else. People spend money on chrome this, and polished that, so why not a set of plugs?

Well thats the way it goes, its shiney, says boost on it, and claims HP Gains. Of course people are going to buy them. Espicaly since big name companys were making them. Tells you alot rite there. Whatever. The crossover tube is there but I cant see any fuel getting into it or air flow for that matter. It serves as a lightweight knuckle buster along with the TORS Housing. Yamaha should of just put a damn killswitch on the Banshee in the first place. I can see why they did that though.

i was just talking to my roomate about getting these and it seems like u guys r coming to the same conclusion that we were. although someone told me that a boost bottle will toy with ur air flow or hurt it more than help it. in theory i could see blocking the holes off to the exact measurment creating more velocity to ur cylinders. maybe u guys don't agree but i think it is a cheap investment to assure no air flow problems to the motor. don't get me wrong though i am not seeing how a crossover is a significant problem that is going to f-up ur motor.....but for a full out drag bike i would think u would want no possiblity for air flow change. JMO

Edited by ALTVATER