New Banshee frame

moneybags

Thats crazey, I went to my local shop today and asked for a price on a frame. He looked on the same web site as this www.ronnies.com and told me $580. That is cool now I know where he gets my sh_t and what he pays for it. Then agin I dont hafto pay for shipping at the local shop. I tried to see what shipping would be on ronnies but it wanted credit card info first.

Thanks for the cool site

You can contact your local DMV and have them issue you a VIN and either tag the frame with a metal tag or etch the number into the frame or pound it in with some stamps. I usually etch the number in with a dremel engraving tool, then also weld a plate onto the frame somewhere else, and have the VIN pounded into the plate I weld in, along with my name, and some other information. Dates, etc. You can actually hide little plates like that in a couple places on a banshee frame and if someone steals it, unless the strip to the frame, they won't find them. I do it to all my stuff. I even hide name and initials in my engines and have either my name or initials on almost every part on my bike, should it ever get stolen. I would get insurance money, plus if I ever think i find the parts on down the road, i have a way to prove if they are mine or not.

- Jared

i dont know how it works anywhere else but in new york you can not punch numbers onto a frame , in ny , there is no place to ride legally , so if you get caught your bike gets impounded and they go over the hole bike and if it doesnt have vin numbers you don get it back.

if you do punch the numbers it would have to be perfect , like it came from yamaha , if it doesnt and they see it they call it vin tampering , you get in trouble .

dmv can do a vin change for you, you have to bring your old frame and new frame with receipt and the put a new vin on the new frame , they charge you alot and its just a sticker on the frame.

like i said i dont know how it works anywhere else but in new york its a pain in the ass

i went through it and i ended up just buying a used frame with papers