kick starter

you can buy an impact screw driver from most auto parts stores I got mine from autozone for like 11 bucks. If you dont want to go that way and you cant turn it out with a philips screw driver you will have to drill it out. Try tapping on the screw driver with a hammer as you are turning it that might work to. Once its broke loose you can just unscrew it.

Hope that helps.

Bansh-eman is correct. all you need is just a wrench unless you are just replacing the top part then its a philips screw. If your just changing out that part be careful not to loose the ball and spring. I would replace the O-Ring so the kicker doesnt rattle. Once mine starts rattling to much I replace that O-ring. Take the old one off and match it up at the hardware store. I cant stand the rattle.

the impact driver is your friend ..............

all of the phillips head or (cross tip) can be easily loosened on your shee

some take a tap

some take a smack

but you will not screw up the head of screw or bolt when using impact driver

good investment on tools to work on banshee or other atvs/dirtbikes.

with the right adapter you should be able to use sockets also.

jim

ok so your not taking the whole thing off... yea that phillips screw is a painin the ass some times... a impact driver is always good to have around... when you cant get your clutch covr off tap it a fwe times with the impact driver and waalaa... when you seperate the two halfs like said above be sure not to lose the ball bearing and spring in there..oh and get your self some grese if you dont have any to put bakc on the metal once you put it together

Edited by Bansh-eman

oh and get your self some grese if you dont have any to put bakc on the metal once you put it together

What he said. I forgot about the grease. Thats a must do!

The one at autozone is made by Great Neck and its a 5 pc Impact Driver Set. I cant seem to find it on their website but they do carry at the store.

Edited by Satsol67

amazing how a tool that works good can keep your stress level down................................................ :beer:

what a hell of an invention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!