Toomey TR-6

BILLS

with my stock for now motor and trail/strip mine riding I wouldnt trade my TR6s for T5s. Next winter its gonna be a 4mil thump bang zing motor with PT Mids though :thumbsup:

OK I PUT UP SOME PICS IN THE IMAGE FORUM... I TELL YOU THEY LOOK GOOD ON MY COMPUTER HERE AT THE HOUSE, BUT I HAD TO CUT THE DOWN SO MUCH TO GET THEM TO UPLOAD THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP ON THE SITE. ANY IDEAS? THE TOPIC IS 03 L/E YELLOW AND BLACK

OK, can someone clear this up for me. I am currently doing a mild porting job and forged pistons. Along with that I already have reeds, cool head, intake, stock carbs. I am at this moment running FMF fatty's and want to convert over to Toomeys. Which Tommeys should I go with, the T5's or T6's?

Thank you,

Mike

OK, can someone clear this up for me. I am currently doing a mild porting job and forged pistons. Along with that I already have reeds, cool head, intake, stock carbs. I am at this moment running FMF fatty's and want to convert over to Toomeys. Which Tommeys should I go with, the T5's or T6's?

Thank you,

Mike

Get the T-5's, you could probably run T-6's with your mods but if you kept going you wouldn't get as much of a benefit from your future mods. The T-5's are supposed to be the best all around, but any Toomey's you choose will be great as far as fit/finish/quality. Really can't go wrong with Toomey IMO.

Get the T-5's, you could probably run T-6's with your mods but if you kept going you wouldn't get as much of a benefit from your future mods. The T-5's are supposed to be the best all around, but any Toomey's you choose will be great as far as fit/finish/quality. Really can't go wrong with Toomey IMO.

Rite, The TR6s with your mods would probably be your best choice unless you ride WOT more than anything else. I think The TR6s have a better overall powerband but the T5s do have more on top. If you are going to get a very mild port the TR6s should work fine but if you plan on porting it anymore than very slightly the TR6s donot respond well to porting while the T5s love porting from mild to wild.

Thank you for the responses guys! Now my other question, is it really worth spending the extra $$$ to buy the Tooemy's over my FMF Fatty's? Is it going to make a difference that warrants spending an addtional $650 when I have aftermarket pipes already?

• 1 month later...