chain tesion

i just put a plus 6 swing arm on with new sprocket and chain with in 10 15 min of riding nothing crazy the chain was jumping then spit off didnt have the guid on by the lower part of the swing arm could that of been the problem is there anything i should get like a special tensioner or guides by the way guys got the stroker back yesterday runs great so far

i just put a plus 6 swing arm on with new sprocket and chain with in 10 15 min of riding nothing crazy the chain was jumping then spit off didnt have the guid on by the lower part of the swing arm could that of been the problem is there anything i should get like a special tensioner or guides by the way guys got the stroker back yesterday runs great so far

IMO that guide is very impartant I would put one on Thats my .02

IMO that guide is very impartant I would put one on Thats my .02

ya figured that i have the stock one im gonna put back on is there a better one that i should get and what about the guides up frontthose are stock also are they good or is there an after market that works a little better

ya figured that i have the stock one im gonna put back on is there a better one that i should get and what about the guides up frontthose are stock also are they good or is there an after market that works a little better

I use the stock or upp chain guides and a upp chain slide up front

I'd check the alignment of your front and rear sprockets, play in the rear sprocket (either from the previously mentioned splines, or from the axle nut not being secure) and the overall condition of the teeth on your sprockets. Make sure you have the correct tension on the chain in the first place too.

If your chain is slipping though, you're in for some possibly bad damage, so take care of it now.

This style chain tensioner works really good up front. You should run the regular slide on the back also. If that is a new aftermarket swingarm be sure and check the alignment. It's not uncommon to have one a little out of alignment.

ct99.jpg

Where do you get this chain tensioner?