Dyna FS and adjustable timing plate

CMAC

I have a dyna fs and it is set on the stock setting(which gives a little more low end). I see people on this site seem to have either the dyna or adj time plate but not both. My cyliders are 30 over, cool heads with 21cc dome with stock porting for now. Soon to be ordering pipes (have Qs for that one too). My Q is would it pay for me to get a timing plate since i have the dyna or does the dyna advance the spark? :whistling: dont want to sound stupid but i know just enough about the elictrical to be dangerous.

dyna controls your timing so put your plate at zero unless your wanting more than the dyna puts in.

lot of opinions of them, asked several builders about them was told stock cdi and plate were they way to go. then some say dyna is the shizzle.

who knows.

but if your going to run it and havent boughten a adj plate i wouldnt worry about it unless your wanting some fancy timing specs.

There's a disinct difference in the two, out of the box.

The dyna starts off with more than stock advance in each of it's three pre-programmed curves...but, as the R's raise, the curve dies down.

Now...on a plate, your timing is increased across the board....no retarding the timing as the R's rise.

I think you're just fine with the dyna and no plate. I already had my plate, and wanted all brand new ignition for my cub motor...so, dyna was my choice.

When a dyna really pays off is if you have a dyno to use, a cable and programming software.

Once I get my 10 mil put together, I plan on doing just that...to post up what can be achieved with a dyna using the pre-programmed curves, then what can be done with custom curves....

But, from reading your other posts...you're no where near a big cub build....just the dyna itself is just fine Casey...

according to the printout in the box with the dyna, NONE of the preprogrammed are less advance than the stock baseline, for a banshee anywho.

I ran curve 3 (most advanced) and 8 degrees on my plate, giving me about 30 total degrees at the most advanced point.... Cub motors love timing..period.

according to the printout in the box with the dyna, NONE of the preprogrammed are less advance than the stock baseline, for a banshee anywho.

I ran curve 3 (most advanced) and 8 degrees on my plate, giving me about 30 total degrees at the most advanced point.... Cub motors love timing..period.

I could be wrong I will make sure tomorrow on my software but you should know. All of my experance comes from 450's. Timing is great unless spraying....

It's all good...I've studied my printout that came with it a dozen or so times....

I have it right in front of me.

Curve 4 is stock.

Curve 1 advances real early, but...dips lower than curve 3 at about 4500RPMs...

Curve 3 is the most advanced...and curve 2 is in between 1 and stock.

Curve 3 is advanced about 22 degrees from 3500RPM to 5500 RPM...then gradually goes down to about 16 at 10K and above,...

Wish I had a scanner...LOL.

Holy Jesus Dave! You werent kidding when you told me my old mans Drag car buddies would shit if they knew how much timing you were running. I talked to one of my Dads buddies. Hes like 62 and his Ford Fairlane that he built runs 9s. He told me Im crazy if I go anywhere over +4. I figured you were running like +9 at the most. WOW! Your gonna have a beast with your new setup. Please let us all know as much as you can, every little detail and specification you can.

You DA MAN Dave

Yea I found my software and I do stand corrected on the banshee. Curve 1 is more advanced at 23 degrees at 3600 rpm and goes down from there to 16 at 10 but curve 3 stays advanced longer at 22 to 5500 rpm like you said and goes down from there to 15 at 10000 I guess I will start by raising curve 3 up 2 degrees everywhere and go from there.