Carbs to big?

hey guys ive got a 99 shee with fmf gold series pipes standard compression pro design intake boysen reeds no lid on airbox 35mm keihn carbs with 155 main jets.

i ride at sea level bike goes awsome but lacks down low a bit anyone got any ideas r the carbs to big. its got wiesco 64.75mm pro lights in it

cheers

Those carbs are too big for stock porting. You'd almost be better off selling one of them, and getting a 1 into 2 carb setup using the single 35.

On stock porting, in my opinion, anything bigger than a 28mm is too big.

I think he is right on but if you plan to get porting in the future the I woul keep those carbs but if porting is not in the nere future then I would get smaller carbs IMO

hey sorry i forgot to mention it has been ported just a mild port nothing to big. It seems to be running good i did a plug chop and they came out a dark tan colour prob slightly rich more than lean, just wanted other peoples opinions cause i thought 35mm carbs would be to big, the bike came with them when i brought it

Whoo did your porting what style of proting was it. i had a buddy pay $400 to get his bike ported from a local guy and he said it was a good all around port. LOL turned out he barly touched at thing when we compared he port to my stock cylinders. Not saying you bike isnt ported but you may want to look into that before you stick with your 35mm