dont know how well this sits with yamaha fans...

I think the Suzuki would be better suited for the motor transplant. The 300ex chassis is a little smaller, I believe.
Go with the lt 250r! I have had one for several years, they are very fun. You can do alot of diffrent types of riding on them, great for trails or dunes. You can also modify them without breaking the bank. 2 strokes take to mods alot better than 4 strokes. You can still get parts pretty easy on ebay. Also several aftermarket dealers carry them. Good Luck!!!

Go for the LT250R No doubt about it. I had one for over 10 years and they handle great, Theyre light, they fly in the air better than most quads, They are fast as all hell on the tracks, and they have heaps more power than the 300ex. The frames are definatly more suitable for a conversion too. My buddie bought a brand new 300ex (I still have no clue why he did that) But we used to race in all conditions and I would smoke him in every condition. Drags were a joke. If we swaped bikes he would smoke me it would be closer but Im a much better rider than he is on quads. You cant go wrong with the LT250R and it probably already has a pipe and reeds on it. Get it ported and you will be beating piped Banshees!

Go for the LT250R No doubt about it. I had one for over 10 years and they handle great, Theyre light, they fly in the air better than most quads, They are fast as all hell on the tracks, and they have heaps more power than the 300ex. The frames are definatly more suitable for a conversion too. My buddie bought a brand new 300ex (I still have no clue why he did that) But we used to race in all conditions and I would smoke him in every condition. Drags were a joke. If we swaped bikes he would smoke me it would be closer but Im a much better rider than he is on quads. You cant go wrong with the LT250R and it probably already has a pipe and reeds on it. Get it ported and you will be beating piped Banshees!

i would also go with the 250r, i have ridden both and trust me....the ergonomics alone will side you with the 250, not to mention its a 2 stroke and twice as fast. plus youll own a little piece of history as well!! :thumbsup: