cool heads

CMAC

01 Putting new top end in, 30 thow over. ordering toomy t5, no porting, v3 reeds, stock air box with k&n filter and power lid, wiseco pro lites, dyna fs ignition, 200 watt stator. I want to order cool heads for it. Im at 2000ft or a little under. I want to run 93 pump gas. wondering if a 19cc will be to much or what can i get away with?

I know dlnoss is the definitive word on the subject, when it comes to his head at least, however, I can give you personal experience with the compression. You can see the mods in my signature, which for about the next week does not include porting. Stock bore, stroke, porting. When I switched to my NOSS head, which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE I might add, with 20cc domes, I kick 170-173 psi in each cylinder at 1980' elevation. Tested on several occassions with my SNAP-ON compression tester. So, just my experience. I didn't have a problem with this as I intended to make the switch to race fuel anyway, but I don't believe this would be a pump gas friendly cylinder pressure. Compression at sea level, dunes, is approx 190 psi. My guarantee is that it will run like an ape, and have very much improved bottom end over stock. :beer:

With 20cc domes you are at 170psi at 2000'..................DAMN :wacko:

With those mods that seem really high.............

I know, I didn't believe it the first time I tested it, but like I said I've checked on several different occassions. Checked it after the install, after heat cycling, and after the first few trips back when I first installed it. Always, right in the low 170's (at 1980'); what does yours kick, since you have 20cc's also?