Elka Shock Linkage

Meat

i have the laeger +2+1 and love them......

also have axcalibar rear axle with both spacers behind the rims, it tracks wonderful.....

right now not doing to much but getting parts ready to put it back together.

motors is out in kansas....

new lights,06 black plastic set,acerbis hand guards,temp gauge,ez pull clutch lever,nology coil+ wires,200w stator and adj. plate,33's, v-force 3's,intakes,jeff's clutch setup,noss head w/20 domes,woods play port,lower case port,shift shaft mod+ spring,sync tool and i few others i think..............

should be sweet when it is back alive....................

the swingarm and rear suspension is still on my list of things to do

i will stick with elka as my choice on shocks and that link sonds sweet........

Edited by JET 99

I know some companies make the +2+1 arms, and dont advertize them as so. In my case I really wanted the Denton arms when I was looking but I thought they were only +2... called them and to my suprise it's an advertizing mistake. They are +2+1. So you may want to call first.

You want your front end wider than the rear end slightly to ease recovery. It's harder to flip under hard, rough cornering becasue turning radious in the rear is reduced, thus reducing the posibility of your rear end passing your front. The back end tends to disagree with the front, so you want the front tires planted.

Thanks for all of the responces guys. I called Laeger myself a while ago, and the guy I talked too said they only make the +2. I should of got Cody to look into it more for me but thats ok. I went with the Black LSR +2+1 (Incase I decide to powdercoat everything and Cody told me if I scratch them some black spraypaint is an easy way to touch them up :biggrin: ) . The main diffrence is Lonestar, nickles and dimes you for bushings. Laegers Bushings seem to hold up some better. I believe for the 16 bushings in the LSR A Arms run around 85-95 dollars. Also they do make +2+1 A Arms for alot of other quads. Buchanan runs +2 JB Racing A Arms on his beefed up 416ex. He said he dident feel the need for +1 forward. He never, ever, practices, hes too busy building other peoples bikes and he places in atleast the top 6 overall in the pro class GNCC series every year. I guess the Banshee just benifits from the +1 more than alot of other racers. Check out these JB Racing A Arms they are so beefy. They are made of the same stuff as Laeger, but they are just alot beefier and stronger. I was going to go with them definatly but They dont make them for the Banshee. they do make them for the new 450s and other sport quads

http://www.jbatvracing.com/aarms.php

Next month I will get Buchanan to order my front and rear Elka Elites w/ the new linkage.( I will just owe him 800 or so for march and I will try to save 1200 for my scotts steering stabilizer) (Then Flexxx bars and Razr 2s all around on .190 rims mabey beadlocks for the rears) (Then IMS Foot pegs) I will have it all (Arms/Sus) on my Banshee by feb.20th in my estimation. I cant wait.

Then I will buy a frame,Gas tank,Radiator,Axle,swingarm (For under 1000) this summer so I have a complete rolling chassie for my Cheetah cub build in 08 :thumbsup:

There's no one named Buchanan that is racing the Pro class in GNCC racing, let alone placing in the top 6.

Sure did, I seen a sheet for myself and Ive heard a few people say how they dont understand how he never rides and places so high in races. Cody Buchanan 6th overall. I think one of his races were in Rausch Creek last season and he raced in Ohio. I know because I went to his shop and someone came out and said he was in a GNCC Run in Ohio. That was one of the last races of last season, if not the last.

Call for youself

Buchanan Racing 814-786-7776

the ebay elka guy already has the shock and linkage for sale: click

Damn, I wish I had the money.

Does Custom Axis have rear linkage for their rear like Elka? because before I finalize my purchase I want to look at Axis again. Also could you get the Custom Axis fronts and the Elka Elite rear w/ linkage? How do you think that would work?

well i signed up for one............

sounds like it should be coming in bout same time motor is coming back from kansas..........

washburn dont know if it makes a diff but the laegers i got are l.t. along w+2+1........

got l.t. trip rates on front

gonna have dual rate l.t. in the back..........

should be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin: :clap:

well i signed up for one............

sounds like it should be coming in bout same time motor is coming back from kansas..........

washburn dont know if it makes a diff but the laegers i got are l.t. along w+2+1........

got l.t. trip rates on front

gonna have dual rate l.t. in the back..........

should be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin: :clap:

cool. get lots of pics !! .... and BTW, when is your motor coming back from kansas ??

How do you like the long travel laegers in the rough stuff ?

do you have the laegers t-pin setup ??

Whats the eye to eye length on your front shocks ?? just curious. Im looking for a set of 17.5 length.

I wonder how the elka linkage reacts to longer or shorter swingarms.

Does Elka make 17.5 LT shocks? I dident get exact specs yet.

i have triple rates with 17.5 frm eye to eye.. they are black and red (elka colors) they were pricey

i sure in the hell hope they are elkas ...

and the box said elka on the side..... :beer:

jim

little update to this thread.................

just got done installing this mod.............

feels good for just being able to push up and down....

no motor yet.....

one point of concern........................

the spring diameter is huge..

i am running the stock swinger . up at the gussets behind the pivot bearing tube there maybe a clearence issue.. at full extension there is only about .050 clearence between spring and the outer radius of the gusset... least little wear in shock eye????????????

cant wait to get it going

i did take pics and will try to post over weekend :beer:

Posted about this several months ago when I saw it at the sand sports supershow and was looking for a new shock.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...=67085&st=0

Ebay guy has a decent price, a little cheaper than what Alba was asking a few months ago at the show. I have to wonder if they will get the rear shocked specificaly valved for you though...

I ended up just getting my shock rebuilt by percision concepts but it still has the TCS valving and eibach spring. I ran out of cash for this thing... I think it might be worth getting if you plan on replacing your rear shock. I trashed my TCS rebuilt shock in less than a year and got seriously hurt when I poped the back end of the bike over the front. They told me it's typical to have to have the shock rebuilt 2 times a year (but I only ride a few months out of the year). Maybe teh elka shock could go a little longer than a season for me.

I did hit some kinda witcehes eye on the flats, came out of nowhere, everyone hit it, but I hit the wrost part of it with a blown rear shock and the bike went end over end. I think it would be worth it, but I'm happy with my rebuild and hope it will last longer than a few trips to the dunes this time.

Edited by Justintoxicated