plug chop pics

miner

the only new plugs i could find at home were a br8es,left, and a b8es,right.i will do another chop with identical plugs next time.

im running a stock motor,toomey t-6,280 mains,airbox lid is ON with the snorkle removed.i was running 220 mains but was really lacking top end pull. now with the 280's it pulls much stronger on top but from about 1/8 to 3/4 throttle its running like crap.a needle adj. should correct this right?oh yea im also running 93 oct at32:1 with blendzall(castor based), it was about 45 deg. out at around a 700 ft. elevation

the only new plugs i could find at home were a br8es,left, and a b8es,right.i will do another chop with identical plugs next time.

im running a stock motor,toomey t-6,280 mains,airbox lid is ON with the snorkle removed.i was running 220 mains but was really lacking top end pull. now with the 280's it pulls much stronger on top but from about 1/8 to 3/4 throttle its running like crap.a needle adj. should correct this right?oh yea im also running 93 oct at32:1 with blendzall(castor based), it was about 45 deg. out at around a 700 ft. elevation

Doing a plug chop with those two different plugs wouldnt have make a difference. They are both the same heat range, One is a resistor plug and the other is a non resistor plug. I wouldnt see that causing the color to be any different.

You will probably end up doing a air screw adjustment for the 1/8 or right off idle stumble you have. Mess with the needle and then the air screw.

sorry about the let down on the pics. i couldnt get my file size down small enough. anyway,there was actually a diff between the two.the r plug looks beautiful but the non res. plug has a swirly look to it almost clear to the tip of the insl. i checked the windows on the carbs after i got it back together and they looked good(in sync).once i get a chance ill do a lookover of the bike and try it again with two identical plugs.thanx for any advice

the bike was properly warmed.i rode it for 10-15 min cause i couldnt believe how much more pull it had on top :biggrin: .i need to do another run where its at anyway cuz i ran out of room,got to fifth with just a few secs at wot and i had to shut it down.should i mess with the needles now or wait till i get an accurate reading offf of my plugs for the mains??? also yes i ran it 10-15min,putthe plugs pictured in,did my short wot run,killed it and put my original plugs back in

Edited by miner