Simple YFZ450 Arm/shocks Set up Question! Help!

205GTINUT

Hi just a few simple questions. Is the 450 setup good enough to MX a banshee with? Is there a big defference in ride qualtiy over a stock banshee? Has anyone here done a race with the Arm and shock set up on their banshee.

Ive figured out how to fit it all i just want some info from people who have ridden with the set up.

All the best.

Went to the track today and rode 3 laps before my tranny went out. I dropped the shee off at a dealer on the way home. I had to change my oil yesterday and stopped by the dealer after work to get some oil. They didnt have any maxima 80wt so I asked what they reccomended and the service manager told me to use 80-90wt Shaft Drive gear oil. Needless to say that is NOT what was suppsoed to lube my gears and they are going to be fixxing it next week.

The 3 laps I did get in were good though. The yfz front end felt great, the quad was much more stable in the turns and it was deffinately worth the time and money to do. The biggets jump I had a chane to hit was a 60ft double/flat landing and it soaked it up great.

you're killing me man!

wheres the pics and video? :whistling:

glad you are happy with it!!

Went to the track today and rode 3 laps before my tranny went out. I dropped the shee off at a dealer on the way home. I had to change my oil yesterday and stopped by the dealer after work to get some oil. They didnt have any maxima 80wt so I asked what they reccomended and the service manager told me to use 80-90wt Shaft Drive gear oil. Needless to say that is NOT what was suppsoed to lube my gears and they are going to be fixxing it next week.

Is the shop taking care of it for you? Thats pretty crappy... :confused:

Heh, no video. Nobody else had even started riding. And it was slipping so bad during those few laps I was lucky to clear the 60 ft double. I thought that when it was slipping at high RPMs that it was just my tires spinning on the wet track. I guess I should have looked behind me once. Sorry bout not having a good report but at least now I will have a chance to get some longer tie rods. I can deffinately say this setup works better than the works shocks I was using before on stock a-arms.

good deal and bad deal :banghead: lol

i should be able to finally get the spacers made this week, hopefully. i have some time off, so its up towards the top of my list.

Sounds good man!

Also, Im gona go ahead order some longer tie rods. Do you think yfz tie rods for +2 a-arms would be the right length? I dont know what they measure.

i dont know, i think they might be too long and not allow the adjustability you would want.

i would order some custom length that are 13-1/4" to 13-3/8'" long for a Banshee. (stock YFZ rods are 12-3/8")

NOSS Machine (site sponsor, goes by DLNoss on here) said he could do them at that length for $39.99.

i dont think there is a difference in tie rod end thread pitch but just too be safe, specify them for a Banshee.