help with shocks please

edgehanger

Picture021.jpg :verymad: I might sound like a rookie because i am.

Heres what happen we went to the track tonight. Before we went to the track we tested the bike and the rear end would bounce or dip when we took off so we tred to strap it down so it would hook better instead of dipping.

Heres where i got in trouble. We had it strapped in the back and when my buddy made a pass it dipped so the strap came unhooked so i told my boy to let some air out of the shock so it would sit lower. Bad idea. We figured it was a gas shock because the pressure left so fast and the back just drooped to the ground.We go try to put air in the shock and it did nothing and we couldn't make anymore passes. My question is are these gas filled shocks or did we tear something up? If they're gas filled how do i put gas back in?My buddy said to put struts all the way around but im thinking we would bend something if there is no cushion on the frame when we leave. Here are pics , should i strut it ? By the way these are marvin shaw shocks they look like hillshooters . I bought the bike from a sand dragger and im converting it to street.Picture019.jpgPicture020.jpg

i know somebody knows about these shocks come on guys.

is it because im on asphalt i cant get help? j/k

how do i put gas back in?

they are nitrogen filled.....I think they use nitrogen because it doesn't contain any moisture to corrode the internals

it should be about 20 bucks or so to have them filled, but you'll definitely want to purge all of the compressed air out that you put in

they are nitrogen filled.....I think they use nitrogen because it doesn't contain any moisture to corrode the internals

it should be about 20 bucks or so to have them filled, but you'll definitely want to purge all of the compressed air out that you put in

Yep. You can use compressed air if its filtered and the moisture removed (breathing air, like for scuba). Mostly nitrogen anyways.

But you more than likely didn't get enough pressure in there.

it also doesnt contract or expand in relation to temperature, thats why its great for tires. think superbike, thats all those guys will use. im sure many other pavement sports have gone the same way.