Broke a tooth off my clutch basket

okbeast

The fact that you are going to go ride it anyway is the reason you blame your problems on it being a 2-stroke.

you know ive heard so many people,say i have to many problems w my banshee,or 2 strokes are to much hassle,but its usually guys that dont take care of their shit.quick example when a friend got his first banshee,he put a cool head w 18 cc domes,and run it on pump gas,went trough 2 sets of pistons,and would always say this piss of shit 2 stroke,when all along it was him.by the way i would tell him to do a compression test,and his reply was,my friends bike w the same set up,runs good season after season on pump gas[dont really know his friends set up is].what a dumb ass.its guys like that,that give 2 strokes a bad wrap. :shoothead: :banghead:

Man yall're fuckin pissy tonight, holidays must have ya down. I simply came here to see if anyone else had ever broken one and rode with it. I know the majority is going to say fix it b/c most of ya'll have the $ and quick resources to do that but I'm just lookin for a little ride time over the break. Ease off a little, shit.

A buddy of mine had a 250r that he let me play with on porting it and stuff. Anyways had it down at the drag races and the second pass coming down the return track it locked up. tore the clutch cover off and found out that one of the teeth on the clutch baskit broke off and got wedge which cuased it to lock up. Remove the the broken tooth and ran it the rest of the night with no problems. Probley not the best thing to do but it worked.

Man yall're fuckin pissy tonight, holidays must have ya down. I simply came here to see if anyone else had ever broken one and rode with it. I know the majority is going to say fix it b/c most of ya'll have the $ and quick resources to do that but I'm just lookin for a little ride time over the break. Ease off a little, shit.

nothing personal here bro,ride it[fuck it] :banghead:

I know the majority is going to say fix it b/c most of ya'll have the $ and quick resources to do that but I'm just lookin for a little ride time over the break. Ease off a little, shit.

Bottom line is when it grenades on you...it's gonna cost more time and money, and don't blame it because it's a two stroke.

Why did you come on here asking for advice when you already knew everyone was gonna say fix it, pay a little now or possibly a lot more later...I just don't get it...

Normally, bikes don't break next to the truck or back at camp. could be over whoops, a jump, going up a hill...whatever...so, besides the money, take that safety point into consideration as well.

I'm done....sounds like you just want to ride and fuck the consequences....have fun...

:banghead:

:shoothead:

the result would not be pretty, i have taken many bikes apart with broken ears off the basket.if you would have sent the cabbage when we 1 st talked ,you would have one, and be riding.you will be looking at a chain reaction. uneven tension on the fibers and steels.smoked clutch.maybe a smoked tranny, broken cases.ect ect.

First off I am not rich, and i dont have money comen out of my ears or anything. I have had my bike forever and i am lucky if i get a chance to do anything to it once or twice a year. Second even if i didn't have the money I know I wouldnt ride it just because it might be 3 or 4 times that much to fix it when it breaks. Look at it this way if you have a good clutch now after one trip on it you might not. I think a cheap clutch is around 70 bucks plus shipping. So there is an extra charge already, and that would have to be on the cheap side of things. If something else comes loose in there and binds up your looking at tons of money. I have learnd the hard way to many times thats why I wait and do things right the first time, because when I havent it ends up being 3 or 4 more times as much as it would have been if i would have just spent the money and done it right the first time.

Yeah I have a fairly good idea of consequences, but I'm just trying to weigh those against the positives, if there were any. If 30 guys got on here and said they'd done it b4 with no problems then I'd ride it. Otherwise, I'm just gonna "borrow" a buddies and give him the new one :biggrin: