Coolant system

nicktoney

Now, Bansh-eman, the point is not whether or not you can run with 4-6oz less coolant, the point is that the bike will cool less efficiently if it cannot maintain a completely full system. The fact that the cooling system moves fluid into the recirc tank doesn't mean that it is overheating,

i never said it mean its over heating but by me not having my bottle on losing the coolant (which mine dosent do) would in your theroy casue the bike to not circulate the coolant prufieantly and casue cooling issues.. but being that the overflow has never pulled any of mine into the radiator, gave me no reason to keep it... with my overflow off my bike has yet to lose fliud from the heat expanding it... ever time i ride the level is at the same spot when its cool... rite under the cap where i left it...

there was a thread not long ago about this same topic and yes we all agreed that the bottle was indeed desinged to be a recirc but the fact that in about 98% of the cases it dosnet work , where it be a flaw or wat ever the reason ... the thing is NOT needed to properly cool your motor... like i said if the small amount that your bike puts in there if yours actually does is so insugnificant, that is your worried bout cooling issues you need to look at your motor or somwthing else casue thats not casuing your bike to run hot by any means

btw i dont know what prufieantly was posed to be so once i saw it i left it in there :)

Edited by Bansh-eman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proficiently...

Spell check for Chrissakes....

LOL....

J/K..

2003...We'll just have to agree to disagree if it works or not...I'm fine with that. If it's worked in your experience, it's all good...

However, regarding the TORS. I think you'll find more people will positively tell you they are more hassle than what they're worth, and do NOT work the way they're supposed to.

I guess that's another thread, though..

Bottom line is...leave it on, take it off. Personal preference based on your own experience and beliefs....I think that's a pretty fair assessment...don't you think?

:beer:

Dajogejr,

I will definitely agree that from what I read around here I am in the minority with my experience with the TORS. I know that I didn't have any bad experiences, but it seems most have, so....

I'm good with my statement that it has worked for me, but also good with the fact that you say it hasn't for you. Like I said I think we can agree that it is designed to be a recirc system, but disagree as to whether or not it works as designed. Fair?

Dajogejr,

I will definitely agree that from what I read around here I am in the minority with my experience with the TORS. I know that I didn't have any bad experiences, but it seems most have, so....

I'm good with my statement that it has worked for me, but also good with the fact that you say it hasn't for you. Like I said I think we can agree that it is designed to be a recirc system, but disagree as to whether or not it works as designed. Fair?

Yep...sounds good to me!

:beer: