anyone have the factory steel finish toomeys?

geeunit310

Sup guys! Just purchased an 06 banshee a couple weeks ago and im glad I found this forum. Now I'm looking to get some toomey pipes but cant decide to get the chrome or steel finish ones. I have seen the chrome ones in person but I have never seen the factory steel finish. If anyone can post some pics it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i don't have toomey's for my banshee... but i did get a toomey b-1 pipe for my blaster about 2 months after they hit the market. i got it in the unfinished steel. it was a pain in the ass. every ten minutes i had to scrub the surface rust off that thing. i would only suggest getting the unfinished toomey if you are planning on powdercoating or painting them.

I cant find any pics but like stated above they are a waste unless you plan on getting them PCed or paint them with a high temp paint. They look like shit and they rust up quick. I never painted or PCed anything yet on any of my quads so you might want to use the search first or ask for tips on how to do that. Or you could spring for the chrome. Toomey does a good job with chromeing their pipes. I have the chrome TR6s and if you take care of them they will shine like new for many many years.

Yea get the chome. The finishs is way more durable than any paint or PC job. I clean my pipes with 0000 Steel wool, and acetone. Try that on a painted or pc'd surface.(I wouldnt recomend it unless you want to strip the finish off)

If your worried about the price. Rocky mountain sells the Chrome T5 pipes and Silencers for 499. Free shipping on any order over 100 bucks. You can beat that price.

josh

scroll down this link http://www.toomey.com/html/pipe_parts1.htm

my banshee came with bare sheet metal T5's, highly suggest you go with a treated surface. They need the chrome or powdercoat on them no doubt!! I'll be getting a ceramic coat on my pipes. I painted my pipes for the time being. See below, look how ugly an uncoated pipe will turn into.

Banshee02-1.jpg

id go with chrome. you can usually find a used set at a great price here.. if you go with bare steel you have to have them either painted, which usually chips off pretty fast or you can have them heat temp PCed which works well and lasts a long time..but id say its really easier to go with chrome.