'05 cheetah build

Handyman

Ok it's been a few hours.We're waiting!!!! :whistling:

Ok OK....Just got in from the garage and the engineis now in the frame. I got the pistons on and the cylinders on with the help of my lovely wife. I had a bit of a scare installing the pistons though. As I was putting the wrist pin I saw that something wasn't right and couldn't figure it out at first and then it hit me....the wrist pin Needle bearings...I had to go to the Shop and buy the last set they had. Got home and got everything put together. Istalling the engine wasn't that bad. I had it almost in whe it wouldn't go no more and I realized I had to remove one of my "CUSTOM" spark plugs. Got everything connected and all the mounting bolts tight and ready to go. I had to remove the rear mounting bolt becasue the chain was caught between the frame and engine case but no big deal. During the engine installation my wife helped me once again, which saved me alot of time and effort. She doesn't mind getting down and dirty with her manicured nails. Before I put the head on I ran the pistons up and down a few times to make sure the piston rings weren't going to catch on anything and to make sure the P.V.'s weren't going to catch the piston. Everything looked ok and didn't feel anything catching so I installed the head and bolted it on. All I have to do now is gap the spark plugs, fill the radiator with some engine ice, install the carbs, tomorrow I hope, and wait for some pipes :sad:. Well now what You all have been waiting for..some pics

Kai what do I gap the spark plugs to??

Engine completely assembled

Engine1.jpg

Engine.jpg

Engine in the frame

Framed.jpg

Framed1.jpg

Edited by Handyman

Ok OK....Just got in from the garage and the engineis now in the frame. I got the pistons on and the cylinders on with the help of my lovely wife. I had a bit of a scare installing the pistons though. As I was putting the wrist pin I saw that something wasn't right and couldn't figure it out at first and then it hit me....the wrist pin Needle bearings...I had to go to the Shop and buy the last set they had. Got home and got everything put together. Istalling the engine wasn't that bad. I had it almost in whe it wouldn't go no more and I realized I had to remove one of my "CUSTOM" spark plugs. Got everything connected and all the mounting bolts tight and ready to go. I had to remove the rear mounting bolt becasue the chain was caught between the frame and engine case but no big deal. During the engine installation my wife helped me once again, which saved me alot of time and effort. She doesn't mind getting down and dirty with her manicured nails. Before I put the head on I ran the pistons up and down a few times to make sure the piston rings weren't going to catch on anything and to make sure the P.V.'s weren't going to catch the piston. Everything looked ok and didn't feel anything catching so I installed the head and bolted it on. All I have to do now is gap the spark plugs, fill the radiator with some engine ice, install the carbs, tomorrow I hope, and wait for some pipes :sad:. Well now what You all have been waiting for..some pics

Kai what do I gap the spark plugs to??

Gap the plugs at 23 if you are using the 20cc domes.

DON'T forget the pin bearings that would be bad!!!!

Make sure you paint the new plugs black.RED = 5 hp increase while the black = 8 hp increase. :beer:

Man...that's awesome. Nothing like burning the midnight oil and gettin r done...oh, wait, you're west coast boys. Hell, it's only 6PM out there...:)

Good looking deal so far. I'm jealous, I want a PV motor...:)

Remember, you're only get the few extra HP if you match the color spark plugs to the proper power band...

:yelrotflmao:

I want some vids of that bad boy running already!!

Gap the plugs at 23 if you are using the 20cc domes.

The domes that are in it are the same from when I picked it up from you. So Gap to.023??

Yeah I couldn't believe I almost forgot about the needle bearings.

Thanks everyone for the compliments...I can't wait to get it running either... I just need to find some pipes and I will be in business.

And for shits and giggles I'm thinking about painting the spark plugs (the part you can see anyway) but I may or may not so it, We'll see if I have paint left over.

Edited by Handyman