'05 cheetah build

Handyman

I wasn't sure where to put this so I hope I put it in the rigth section. Ok so it's not a 100% rebuild, just a top end rebuild with the engine out of the frame but it's a cheetah so it's special right?? Anyway I finally got my pistons and gasket set ordered from Trinity and they said they should be here Wed. or Thurs. so either way the engine should be back in the frame on Friday. I just prep'ed and sanded the head and cylinders and sprayed them with some Hi temp Engine paint(Gloss Black). Once those are dry I will pull the head and sand it down again and re-spray it with a dark red color on a black base coat. Tomorrow I will attack the engine and start on the billet side covers and clean them up and polish them until they're nice and shiny or as some people say "Bling Bling". Here are some pics as it sits right now and when I get the engine done I will post some more pics.

S1010311.jpg

S1010313.jpg

S1010307.jpg

As I promised....More pics. The head is painted with a gloss Black 500 Deg. Engine Enamel. The head and grill are painted the same color, Medium Garnet red metallic,. It has a metallic flake to it that I really liked and really catches your eye in the sun. I tried to get some pics of the metallic flake but my digital camera isn't all that great but here are the pics.

Cylinder

Cylinder.jpg

Grill

Grill1.jpg

Grill.jpg

Head

Head2.jpg

Head1.jpg

Head.jpg

Your are corect.58mm stroke x 68mm bore. :beer:

Matt.I don't here it running!!!!! :biggrin:

Iknow I know and it's killing me....I should have it all put together ready to run by Friday...then after that I have to find a set of pipes before I can kick it over.....that's going to be the killer :shoothead: All put together but can't ride it.

I love those PVs...I honestly think my next motor will either be a 10 mil cub or 535 cheetah PV...still not sure.

I'm gonna see what kind of numbers my lil 421 cub can turn out this year.....

What kind of head is that, BTW?

Nice work, Handyman...looks very nice! How bout a ride report when you get done. I'd like to see how it does up against Kai's bikes, they run well from the vids I've seen!!!

As I promised....More pics. The head is painted with a gloss Black 500 Deg. Engine Enamel. The head and grill are painted the same color, Medium Garnet red metallic,. It has a metallic flake to it that I really liked and really catches your eye in the sun. I tried to get some pics of the metallic flake but my digital camera isn't all that great but here are the pics.

Cylinder

Cylinder.jpg

Grill

Grill1.jpg

Grill.jpg

Head

Head2.jpg

Head1.jpg

Head.jpg

Now thats what you call custom right there. red spark plugs.

LOL...Yeah custom plugs alright....Bansheeseat$$ said the plugs were shot anyway so I used them as plug for the so paint wouldn't get in there and I used them as something to pick the head up with so I wouldn't touch the paint on the head.. Once I get the head on I'll take them out and put some good ones in.

UPDATE UPDATE......So there I was sitting on my milk crate cleaning out my carbs trying not to spray myself in the eye with carb cleaner, AGAIN, when the UPS truck pulls up. I was thinking my wife X-mas present was here.....NOPE...Trinity came through and I now have my pistons... You know what this means...Yep the engine will be in the frame TODAY... Give me a couple hours and I will be in the hunt for some CPI in-frame pipes(Small bore) HINT HINT since that will be the only thing keeping me from riding this thing.....Pics when I get a chance.

Edited by Handyman

I love those PVs...I honestly think my next motor will either be a 10 mil cub or 535 cheetah PV...still not sure.

I'm gonna see what kind of numbers my lil 421 cub can turn out this year.....

What kind of head is that, BTW?

Nice work, Handyman...looks very nice! How bout a ride report when you get done. I'd like to see how it does up against Kai's bikes, they run well from the vids I've seen!!!

Dave LOL,That was my bike.So I'm not to worried about runing him,All though that damn thing was fast.Matt got some weight over me though.As the old saying goes never sell your friends a more powerfull weapon. :thumbsup:

LOL...Yeah custom plugs alright....Bansheeseat$$ said the plugs were shot anyway so I used them as plug for the so paint wouldn't get in there and I used them as something to pick the head up with so I wouldn't touch the paint on the head.. Once I get the head on I'll take them out and put some good ones in.

UPDATE UPDATE......So there I was sitting on my milk crate cleaning out my carbs trying not to spray myself in the eye with carb cleaner, AGAIN, when the UPS truck pulls up. I was thinking my wife X-mas present was here.....NOPE...Trinity came through and I now have my pistons... You know what this means...Yep the engine will be in the frame TODAY... Give me a couple hours and I will be in the hunt for some CPI in-frame pipes(Small bore) HINT HINT since that will be the only thing keeping me from riding this thing.....Pics when I get a chance.

Ok it's been a few hours.We're waiting!!!! :whistling: