what was the banshee made for

bansheeyfz

The Banshee is King in the dunes, and at the strip. With its peaky powerband and lightning quick acceleration it just seems to be best suited for the sand.

There used to be some history and a vid in the Yamaha-motors site about the making of the Banshee back in 1986. The info basically stated that the banshee was partly developed to dominate the ATV class of the Baja 500 & 1000 back in the late eighties.

I looked for the article and clip but it has since been removed from the site with all the rest of the Banshee stuff. :banghead:

they were made for hunting. thats why they are so quiet from the factory.

Shhh...I'm huntin wabbit.....

They were made for dunes no doubt...just about every year Yamaha's PR material and media shows someone carving a dune and slinging sand.

I wish I could meet the guy who started the idea of putting an RZ motor in a 4 wheeler, I'd buy him a beer and a lapdance....

I wish I could meet the guy who started the idea of putting an RZ motor in a 4 wheeler, I'd buy him a beer and a lapdance....

It was great idea that the Lawyers and Bean Counters castrated. They shouldn't have messed with the RZ motor at all, just bolted it in.

What is an RZ motor?

There should be some kind of basic training class before owning a Banshee that would include this.

• Like 1

imagine what the person though after buying the first one in 87. he probably had to go change his pants.its pretty crazy that 30 year old tech can still to this say hold its own right out of the factory. i think the banshee was made for the dunes and baja aswell but with any rideing skill you can pretty much do whatever kinda ride you want to do with it. also with the aftermarket of parts these day for the banshee you can make it into whatever you want to but i think everyone already knew that

Edited by yamaha04