what was the banshee made for

bansheeyfz

You can make the Banshee any kind of quad you want it to be. They were built to be an all around kickass quad with unlimited potential. Stock for stock in a straight line the Quadzilla is faster. Im pretty sure the Quadzilla still holds the highest HP record for a stock quad.

Having owned both I would rather MX a Quadzilla than a Banshee. I could never get the 'Shee to fly well. The Banshee just seems nose heavy in stock form to me. Just my opinion. I bet that one guy on here in the images/video section (DMC?) would argue otherwise.

The Quadzilla was just like a bigger (much) heavier Suzuki 250R. And aboriginal Quadracer was pretty descent on the MX track against machines of the day. Mostly this was the Honda 250R. Kawasaki Tecate-4s were rare and everyone here should know where Yamaha wagered their four-wheel two-stroke performance-class money in the late 1980s... :whistling:

not sure what they were" made" for but they own the sand. there still the quad all others are measured against. can you beat a banshee?

that there pretty much sums it up... 1987 tech and ppl put o7,06 against it comparing.. hell if they put r/d in a banshee it would be out of everyones league... no one would touch it riding backwards with 2 plugs fouled...

lol i agree bansheefreak i still cant believe they quit making it. but all you here at the dunes is i allmost beat a 4 mill shee and its a shee beating mo fo and so on it seams to be what the 4 strokes measure how fast they are.and if you line up at any popular dune drag area with a nice looking shee everyone wants a piece of you.

Thats why I bought one, everytime you read of a new quad the question is asked "is it as fast as a Banshee?", it's like they've set the benchmark, and set it high for performance, all with 30 year old tech!

...long live the Banshee!!!! :starwars:

they were made for hunting. thats why they are so quiet from the factory.

That got me. I never sprayed beer off the monitor before Tyler. LOL :yelrotflmao:

Late 80's, we used to see allot of Banshee's on MX tracks, set up as best they could, they held their own.

250R's won majority of races I saw.

not sure what they were" made" for but they own the sand. there still the quad all others are measured against. can you beat a banshee?

Yamaha kind of had a habbit of this back then. Anyone remember when the Warrior was a MONSTER in the sport (not racer) market? I knew some fairly well built Warriors in those days. Now they aren't much at all... gawd I'm old. :mellow:

they were made for hunting. thats why they are so quiet from the factory.

They must be. I have never seen a mod like this for Banshees. :rolleyes: