What to get next

06BaNsHeE

IMO The type of riding you do Ide Trade them Chrome CPIs for some Chrome newer T5s. I say this because I have seen you look into that option. For trails mud and some drag the T5s and V3s will hit very quick along with your milled head making the powerband strong and long. If you plan on staying with those pipes Ide go and get it ported. You can get an agressive woods port or you could go a step or two further and give them CPIs their full potential. Talk to a engine builder and see what he has to say about the type of port you would be best with. Just mention the CPIs and what type of riding you do.

for tires i would run stock yfz450 tires or kenda knarlys. i have tried every dirt tire out there and have found these 2 to perform the best in most applications. they hook harder and last longer than the rest, not to mention are cheaper. as for your mods, porting is going to make the biggest difference so i would suggest saving up and have some porting done. i see no point in going from a 26mm carb setup to 28mm. if youre gonna buy carbs might as well get some 33mm pwk. they will work well with a ported setup and if you ever decide to go with a stroker motor youll already have carbs thatll work.

locogato11283,

I will agree with you on the carbs if he is going to have port work done.From what I gather he is after either/or.Not both.I know from experience from people running 26's ported versus unported with 28's that the 28's will out run them every time."I know different port jobs will effect the outcome to this and the persons ability to tune there set up correctly also"For example,I had a 04 that ran t-5's v-2's and 28's.My buddy had a 04 also same pipes and reeds but had porting done to it but had 26's.We both weigh within five pounds of each other and the same gearing.Mine would pull his every time by two lenghts.I,m not trying to get into a argument at all just trying to explain my reasoning for my .02 cents to him. :beer:

ahh yea, hell you never know. thats whats so fuckin great about banshees. a little 350 can run just as fast as a 20mm bike. just depends on setup. i have heard on several occasions from a couple different builders that stock carbs have enough flow for stock and even some ported motors. if i were him, id personally skip the carbs and have it ported..simply because i do believe that the stock carbs will flow well enough for the porting. then later on snatch up some bigger carbs and gain some more performance. either way, he will gain..

ahh yea, hell you never know. thats whats so fuckin great about banshees. a little 350 can run just as fast as a 20mm bike. just depends on setup. i have heard on several occasions from a couple different builders that stock carbs have enough flow for stock and even some ported motors. if i were him, id personally skip the carbs and have it ported..simply because i do believe that the stock carbs will flow well enough for the porting. then later on snatch up some bigger carbs and gain some more performance. either way, he will gain..

Im going to go with porting and V3s.The reason I have CPIs is because I got them brand Spanking new for 250 so I couldnt let them go by.Im planning on maybe getting some bigger carbs later on.Which ones should I get?28s or 33s?Or maybe 34s or 35s?

Im going to go with porting and V3s.The reason I have CPIs is because I got them brand Spanking new for 250 so I couldnt let them go by.Im planning on maybe getting some bigger carbs later on.Which ones should I get?28s or 33s?Or maybe 34s or 35s?

id prolly go with 33mm.. they will work well with stock stroke and 4mm if you ever go that route..

Will the CPIs work good with a trail port and the 33s(carbs).Or which pipe would perform best.Please dont tell me the pipe you have just an honest opinion what will work best with my setup and my riding stile.Tight Trail/Drag

Ill chime in one more time here. I have the TR6s and Im changing to the Paul Turner Mids when I get my agressive woods port. For tight trails the CPIs are not the way to go for drag they are. Best of both worlds would be the T5s. Ive heard Pro Circuts are a very good pipe too but Ive never ran one.

my riding stile.Tight Trail/Drag

Those two riding styles are on total opposite ends of the spectrum...so, you need to decide which you're gonna do more.

Trail, T5s. Drag, CPIs.

I honestly think T5 will be a much better all around fit for your mods. They make good power, period. Their fit and finish is fantastic. However, you'll lose a few HP on top end to the CPIs.

A few HP on top end means squat on trails, it means everything in drag racing....next to setup, of course.

So...there you go...

:beer:

Those two riding styles are on total opposite ends of the spectrum...so, you need to decide which you're gonna do more.

Trail, T5s. Drag, CPIs.

I honestly think T5 will be a much better all around fit for your mods. They make good power, period. Their fit and finish is fantastic. However, you'll lose a few HP on top end to the CPIs.

A few HP on top end means squat on trails, it means everything in drag racing....next to setup, of course.

So...there you go...

:beer:

:banghead: .I think I might just stay with the CPIs.How much low end do u think I will have with porting Vf3 and 33s.Will the low end be a huge difference then what I have now?Washburn If you trail ride alot stay with t6s.My neighbor has t6s and they are awesome they just dont have the topend im looking for.