Help me out here guys

Barrymaxx

Hey SAMDUST, I run 40-1 927 oil and its just fine. The bigger the number before the one is fuel to oil ratio. 24-1 is a lot of oil not lean. If you are running lean it is in the jetting of your carbs not the oil ratio number. The oil is in the gas to lube the cylinder walls and bottom end. Your crank is not in any oil and gets lubed by the oil in the fuel as it gets sucked into the engine before it goes up the ports into your cylinder. Blue pipes are because of the oil ratio. What type of oil do you run? Have you checked your plugs to see if you are rich or lean?

Your fuel to oil ratio does affect the jetting. Example if your jetting is perfect and your normal fuel to oil ratio is 40:1 and then you decide to change your fuel to oil ratio to 24:1 and don't rejet then the shee is going to run leaner. The more oil the leaner the bike runs, at least thats what I read off of eric gorr's 2 stroke jetting performance.

samdust, you said you have never done any kind of jetting. Didn't know you bought your shee already altered. sorry, thought you just put pipes on, and that would explain why you think of lean and bluing of you pipes.

yeah i bought it with the pipes on it already and i dont know if he rejetted it. but i do know that it runs good so im sure they did.