Help me out here guys

Barrymaxx

I am dying to get a banshee. I have a possible banshee lined up for cheap, but my dad dosent want another 2-stroke in our home. He thinks thats its going to blow up everytrip, and ill always going to be getting towed home. The banshee will be either stock or stock with t5's.

Are they really that much of a problem? Im good with maintence(any tips)

How long between rebuilds(general idea, i run 24-1)

And the gas milage is another problem. How much riding can i expect on a stock tank? Getting a bigger tank is possbile.

Thanks in advance

My first banshee was a 94, I was just a kid at the time, so I left it all stock and since I didnt know anything about maintenance, I think I changed the tranny fluid one time maybe. And besides that I just let it rip. It lasted until 01 when the bearings in the axle finally spun out and it stolen that night. But I never blew it up or anything and I hate to admit it, But I abused and didnt take care of it at all.

I think if you got a good sound bike, and since you said you don't mind a little maintenance you would hardly ever be workin on it if you didn't want to...but what's the fun in not blowin stuff up? :rotflmao:

I dont mind working on it one bit in the garage, its on the trail that i dont want to be working. I rebuild blaster motors as a side job so mechanical stuff isnt an issue.

Keep them coming

I dont mind working on it one bit in the garage, its on the trail that i dont want to be working. I rebuild blaster motors as a side job so mechanical stuff isnt an issue.

Keep them coming

Well if you work on Blasters then you should know how two strokes preform. The Banshee is as reliable as you make it to be. Fresh premix, fresh tranny/clutch oil,replace anything stock that is known to go bad IE Water pump Impeller. Keep all of the bolts tight keep it clean espically if you ride in mud. Grease the fittings when necassary. If your worried about MPG dont get a bigger port job. Do compression tests regularly make sure its jetted properly alwyas. Plug chops when the temp strats to drop/rise. They ARE more matinance than 4 strokes but if you mantain them you wont have any problems. As far as rebuilds go yes 2 stroke anything needs rebuilt twice as much as 4 strokes but 4 strokes cost twice as much to rebuild. Plain and simple.

I just got my banshee but my dad had one ,and my cousin has one .my dads never had any thing go wrong that wasnt his fault (like riding it off a 20' switch back )and his had just day to day maintnence done to it. all the upgrades it had where fmf golds,a k&n air filter and jets to set it right. my cousins on the other hand was set up just for drag racing and he will ride it then put it back in the garage till next time with out checking to see if any thing was wrong.i dont think his quad lasted more than 10 hours before he had to rebuild his motor.in the last 5 years he has had it rebuilt around 8 times. what ive learned is the closer to stock u keep it the less of a problem it would be. have fun :beer:

Edited by -X-Banshee-X-Racer-X-

I just got my banshee but my dad had one ,and my cousin has one .my dads never had any thing go wrong that wasnt his fault (like riding it off a 20' switch back )and his had just day to day maintnence done to it. all the upgrades it had where fmf golds,a k&n air filter and jets to set it right. my cousins on the other hand was set up just for drag racing and he will ride it then put it back in the garage till next time with out checking to see if any thing was wrong.i dont think his quad lasted more than 10 hours before he had to rebuild his motor.in the last 5 years he has had it rebuilt around 8 times. what ive learned is the closer to stock u keep it the less of a problem it would be. have fun :beer:

You can still have a good reliable bike far from stock if taken care of correctly.

I am dying to get a banshee. I have a possible banshee lined up for cheap, but my dad dosent want another 2-stroke in our home. He thinks thats its going to blow up everytrip, and ill always going to be getting towed home. The banshee will be either stock or stock with t5's.

Are they really that much of a problem? Im good with maintence(any tips)

How long between rebuilds(general idea, i run 24-1)

And the gas milage is another problem. How much riding can i expect on a stock tank? Getting a bigger tank is possbile.

Thanks in advance

just my 2 cents i think ur gonna want to change ur mixing. i do 32:1 and its a little lean.

Hey SAMDUST, I run 40-1 927 oil and its just fine. The bigger the number before the one is fuel to oil ratio. 24-1 is a lot of oil not lean. If you are running lean it is in the jetting of your carbs not the oil ratio number. The oil is in the gas to lube the cylinder walls and bottom end. Your crank is not in any oil and gets lubed by the oil in the fuel as it gets sucked into the engine before it goes up the ports into your cylinder. Blue pipes are because of the oil ratio. What type of oil do you run? Have you checked your plugs to see if you are rich or lean?

Hey SAMDUST, I run 40-1 927 oil and its just fine. The bigger the number before the one is fuel to oil ratio. 24-1 is a lot of oil not lean. If you are running lean it is in the jetting of your carbs not the oil ratio number. The oil is in the gas to lube the cylinder walls and bottom end. Your crank is not in any oil and gets lubed by the oil in the fuel as it gets sucked into the engine before it goes up the ports into your cylinder. Blue pipes are because of the oil ratio. What type of oil do you run? Have you checked your plugs to see if you are rich or lean?

i use castor 927 and ive checked my plugs. ive never done any kind of jetting. i plan on it after christmans cause im getting new reeds and stuff and me and my buddies are gonna go to town on the carbs. im looking at the v3s

Samdust, i see pipes on your picture. I hope you rejetted for the pipes, if not you are lean, and you probably don't have long on your motor. I have the v2 and love them, the three's are even better. They will not make a huge difference right now, but when/if you get some porting done it will.

what do u mean i dont have long on my motor. they were rejetted when i bought it.

Sorry Barrymaxx didn't mean to take this another direction. I ran my shee with t-5, reeds, jet and filter, +4 timing for 5 years and 40-1 with 927, never had a problem. Tore it down to port it and it was still fresh. Lost some compression, but nothing that required a rebuild. If you treat her nicely she will do the same in return.