where does the water billet impeller go.

06BaNsHeE

Ok guys I know im going to get alot of shit for this but I want to replace my stock water impeller but I DONT KNOW WERE IT GOES.I just ordered one but was wondering were it goes and how easy it is to put on. :cry: .Thanks in advance foR ANY HELP.

pull off the have moon shaped cover on the right side of the motor in front of the flywheel cover

i wont give ya any shit......we all have to start somewhere

pull off the have moon shaped cover on the right side of the motor in front of the flywheel cover

i wont give ya any shit......we all have to start somewhere

Actually....you're taking the whole clutch cover off. You have to remove the plastic stocker, and it has a c Clip holding the drive gear on...

So, pickup a clutch side cover gasket. good idea to get 2 quarts of tranny oil, too. You'll need about 1.5 quarts when done.

Need to go ahead and order a repair manual too, make a big difference on your outlook when jumping into one of these jobs.

Not one of those cheapo burnt CD's but a book/printed one.

I had one until I lend it to my friend because he is totally striping his shee.But now hes in spain and he aint coming back anytime soon.I really didnt think I was going to need it.

You do have a clymers manual? rite? If not you best pick one up. Its covered in detail with pics. And yes you will need tranny oil anyway. It usualy comes in 1qt so youll need 2 bottles. Only use 1.5 1.6 quarts though. Useing 2 quarts like alot of people do is not good. It builds up to much pressure and it doesnt flow as well. The stuff Im buying comes in like 1.25 quarts so its weird but with the yamalube stuff I would buy 3 bottles and have 2 oil changes that way.

KD Cycle. Cheapest place I found for a CLYMERS manual. Best $25.00 you'll ever spend! Good luck on the job and don't pay attention to anyone giving you shit, there's only one way to learn. (Read first and have ALL parts and tools ready.)

Edited by seabass

no shit here, but you need a map when you go somewhere new!

guess what think of your repair manual as a road map..........

it helps you see where your going and how to get there..............

it is worth 25 bucks just for the piece of mind that your doing it correctly....

it is your ass that is going like a bat of hell when shee is pinned WFO...... :headbang:

Thanks guys.Also which tranny oil should I use?I use this stuff.

http://www.magicracing.com/Maxima-MTL-80-w...er_p_0-502.html

Is that any good?What do you guys reccomend I need something good since I trail ride all day and rice in the afternoon.In really tight and muddy trails to so I need to slip the clutch ALOT.lol

Edited by 06BaNsHeE

remove the kick starter , remove the water pump cover housing , remove the entire side clutch cover ( replace with allen bolts ) , replace all gaskets as needed, remove the little gold lookin water pump cover thing . remove the eclip thing , save the little pin , install new impellar , put back together.

Torque to specs' RIIIIPPPPPPPP ITTTTTTTTTTT

i found it easier if you remove the foot peg aswell , its all good , do it how you like.

check out big red's splitting the case thread , it has some good pics of what you will be tearing into .

That oil should be fine.

J/w...but you ride tight muddy trails with CPI's and a 16t front sprocket...wow

Yup lol dont ask me how I do it..And I ride with a 250ex yfz and and two foremans. :shootself: .My hands never leaves the clutch..Waiting to get "aggresive" trail port.Its all good because as soon as we hit the long staright dirts and closed down streets dey wish they had a banshee lol

not to whore out your thread, but i just got the impeller and gasket kit(have a bid on the billet cover that has easy drian) but is it a good idea to replace the bearing too? i just got one for $9.00 as well as the 20 fin cooler thing( hell anything is worth a try). don