sprocket advice

more speed you go bigger on the front sproket and smaller on the rear sproket. but when you change all this you lose bottem end. seems the parts guys at our local dealer said every 1 tooth on the front is like losing 3 on the back.

With a stock motor and just pipes, I'd go one up on the front and leave it until you get some real motor work done.

1 up front is actually closer to 2.5 on back.... Another few things to add into the equation...

What kind of surface, what kind of tires? size of tires? From a dead start, rolling start, etc?

Length of race?

The more top end you gear it for, generally the longer it will take to get there. And....you need to have the motor to pull it!

Yeah what DAJ SAID. Heh damn man you are the Banshee dictionary. But I would watch how big you go on the back sprocket espically if you have skid plates :whistling: Fronts fine. 1 up if you want more top. with your mods thats all you really need.

Yeah what DAJ SAID. Heh damn man you are the Banshee dictionary. But I would watch how big you go on the back sprocket espically if you have skid plates :whistling: Fronts fine. 1 up if you want more top. with your mods thats all you really need.

Actually, he'd be going down in size on the rear to get more top end. If he went bigger up front and out back, it's be counteracting each other....:)

i put a 15t front sprocket on mine and loved it, before i would lose to my buddies ( 450s, 660's, 650s) when i had the stock gear on, i put on the 15t with a 4 degree timing plate and milled the head and i can pull them anywhere in a drag race, id say your looking around upper 70's with your mods, but a few other things on it and you will be in the low 80's easily, good luck and have fun

Edited by olmick