Splitting the Cases

BigRed350x

There's already one out there I did a while back. Its not a complete walkthrough, but gives you an idea of what's involved in doing it. Some of the pics aren't the best, but you get the idea. One thing I got a lot of complaints about was that the engine was really nasty dirty when I tore it apart, so I would make sure I have a really clean engine before I ever started to tear this one apart.

i did my first,and follwed your break down,and some help from friends.i did say you need a put back toghether cases.of course as a favor to people that dont know what they are doing,like me,cuz you need to be able to eat off of those cases,before you put them toghether. :thumbsup: :beer: :beer: :beer:

just be sure to include the corrections made to the last one in the vids, like i posted in that thread do NOT put an extention through the rods to take either of the nuts off of the crank..

following the clymers on video would be best..

LOL yeah, that was just something I've done in the past when I didn't have access to an impact gun. I said in the beginning not to follow it like a manual, just to give you some ideas of what's involved. Had a couple people complain about that. LOL My bad.

If I do it again, I will use all the proper tools for sure, and would be going step by step through the clymer manual, just to sorta give you some pictures to go along with the book.

- Jared

i did my first,and follwed your break down,and some help from friends.i did say you need a put back toghether cases.of course as a favor to people that dont know what they are doing,like me,cuz you need to be able to eat off of those cases,before you put them toghether. :thumbsup: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Yeah, if I do this again, I will be doing it with my brand new 06 banshee. Would go from having the bike sitting there in the garage to total tear down with pictures along the whole way. Nice n shiny new, right off the show-room floor. I've only ridden my 06 like twice since I bought it. Maybe 5 hours worth of riding.

Sounds like a great idea Red :thumbsup:

Would be nice to have something to follow with pictures and good details instead of going in blind :cool: