Installation Difficulty

Jhughes7

Well, I am ordering a Cool Head and some v-Force reeds in a few days and I want to try and break myself of the habit of Paying people who know what there doing to put my stuff on. I am pretty decent with working on my jeep and stuff, but never worked on an atv before. Just wondering how hard it is to install a cool head and reeds and if I need to buy other stuff that doesnt come with them to install it.

Alrite I did a writeup on how to install the NOSS Head. I revised it but its not in my sent box so this is the rough copy. It still works. Besides you get instructions with the head when you get it. You also get the Acorn nuts, copper washers, and complete O Ring set. If you buy a NOSS Head. I dont know what route your going but That is the best of the aftermarket heads. Believe me I did my homework.

NOSS HEAD INSTALL

TIP

When you remove your radiator hoses make sure you have a coffee can avabile. Take the plastics and gas tank off before you do anything. Also there are two screws on both sides of the motor(your jugs) rite by where your pipes start to get fat(TR6s in my case). You must remove them screws to let the rest of the coolant out or coolant will run down in your cylinder walls and if you dont get all of that out it could be corrosive to your piston rings. Remove these bolts and let the rest of the coolant run out before you take your stock head off! Im pretty sure the bolts are 10mm. You will need an open box end wrench to remove the bolts. The one screw dident come out all of the way for me cause the pipe was in the way so I had coolant run down my walls. That took me almost 30 minutes to sop out all of that coolant. So you might want to take your pipe off. If you chose not too and the screw doesnt come out all of the way tip your quad over and try to shake all of the coolant out of the loose bolt side. If you do get coolant in your walls GET IT ALL OUT. I just took paper towels and ripped them and folded them into little squares and kept dipping them in the walls to collect collant untill I seen NO COOLANT LEFT! A Spounge would have probably been better. after that take your head off in the numbered pateren and put your new head on the same way. I also used a decent amount of grease to put my O rings in. The O rings take over any gasket function so you can remove and throw away your old head gasket. Dont be afraid to apply grease to hold the orings in place cause it will all burn off anyway. When you apply the big O ring to the base gasket push it in a little at a time donot run the oring with your fingers or you will stretch it and have to start over again by pushing it in place not gliding. Then put your domes on top of the cylinders SLIDE DONT PUSH the base gasket over the domes. Make sure your Orings are still in place when you do this. After the base gasket is on your ready to put your new head on. Do that tighten the bolts connect all your hoses back up then TORQUE yout bolts on the head down to atleast 18ft pounds 20 is recomended. You will have to squish the copper washers down when your sealing the bolts back in so dont worry if it feels like your going over 20ft lbs. Do make sure your wrence is properly calibrated though. After you do this your gonna want to ride it. I sugust RIDING IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!

The V3s now.

Take your Carbs and carb boots off. Remove your airbox. Remove the allen head bolts to your intake manifold. 8 bolts total. Take your Intake manifolds and cut off the rubber tits FLUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then take the O Rings out just to be safe and sand down the rubber the rest of the way with some fine grit sand paper. Remember it HAS TO BE FLUSH. I learned the hard way. Put the O Rings back in Take out your reed cages and install your V3S. Put everything back together. I used some gasket sealer along with the gaskets provided. You dont have to but if you do I suguest a silicone based sealer like an RTV sealer. I used the grey sloppy goop stuff. Works great but its messy. Check your slides while your Airbox is out. You might not have to take your airbox off but I did to get the Boots back on and to check so my slides were synched.

I might do a write up on this later too. But that should be ok to get you going for now.

I have to go to work, Go to work for me man. Ill do your work. I hope my 30 pack a day boss is to hungover to work so I get the damn day off. I know he tied one on hard last night too. He called me at 4:30 to tell me hes drinking Whiskey. That was either a hint that were not working today or a hint that hes comming in green as a palm tree and Im doing everything.

Fuckin BALLS :down:

Wow.... I hope you copy and pasted all that and didnt just write it up this morning for me lol, Either way its greatly appreciated!! I figured I would get instructions but as with most things, There is usually some tips and tricks to certain things that arent listed in the instructions. But I think I will attempt to do this myself and hopefully all goes well. Thank you very much for the info!

Wow.... I hope you copy and pasted all that and didnt just write it up this morning for me lol, Either way its greatly appreciated!! I figured I would get instructions but as with most things, There is usually some tips and tricks to certain things that arent listed in the instructions. But I think I will attempt to do this myself and hopefully all goes well. Thank you very much for the info!

Na I copy and pasted the Noss Head instructions. You can PM him here DLNOSS He will assist you with anything you want to do. Where do you think I got all this from :beer:

AHHAAAAAAA My egghead boss just called and we are NOT going in today. LOL I SCREAMED THAAANNNNNNKKKKSSSSS ALLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOTTTTTT BRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHER! He hung up :laugh: