Exhaust Question

theshee

i just got a banshee but had a blaster with a pro circut on it and it was a excellent pipe.all i hear most people talk about is the t-5 and t-6's . i think thay might be over rated considering that a lot of people probably buy them for their shine and sound. have you ever saw any advertisment for a toomy on tv? i havent but i do see a lot of fmf and pro circut comercials. i have also witnessed a friend of mine take on another person with the same exact bike except the pipes (one with pro circuts and the other with t-5's) and the rider with the pro circuts won time after time. it could've been the rider though :wink:

i just got a banshee but had a blaster with a pro circut on it and it was a excellent pipe.all i hear most people talk about is the t-5 and t-6's . i think thay might be over rated considering that a lot of people probably buy them for their shine and sound. have you ever saw any advertisment for a toomy on tv? i havent but i do see a lot of fmf and pro circut comercials. i have also witnessed a friend of mine take on another person with the same exact bike except the pipes (one with pro circuts and the other with t-5's) and the rider with the pro circuts won time after time. it could've been the rider though :wink:

Stock on stock a bike with t5s will outrun a bike with FMFs.

Well im certain that nobody will disagree with the fact that any pipe is gonna make a drastic difference over stock. I personally currently run FMF SST's and I am wery impressed with them. I had T 5's but sold them on a good oppertunity to make some easy money. After running both pipes id have to say that the tommeys came on a bit later and had just a bit more in the very top end, however felt like you had to coach them into the "pipes" when you were in slower trail riding. The FMF's came on a bit earlier and hit like a light switch, had a crisper and stronger low end powerband (1/4 to 1/2 throttle and lower RPM) but definately petered out a bit before the toomeys in the top, and did not pull quite as hard in the top, not a drastic difference though. If I were to go pipe shopping again I would surely go with the SST's because they are a fine pipe, and I am thourally impressedwith the fit and finish also, (the toomey pipe did not fit so well on the RH side) and the plating is wondefull!! Im happy with the SST enough that im gonna run them on the 421 CUB that FAST is gonna put together for me! hope any of this helps, thanks, Ryan

A couple of things. T5s really shine with a timing advance and lightened flywheel. you get on the pipe sooner.

I can tell you from personal experience you need to get a better pipe for cubs. I had stock carbs and T5s when I first built my cubs. 33 to 35mm carbs and Shearer, CPI, GRR or other pipes compliment the power delivery and timing of the cubs much better. Will the bike run with FMF? Yep, sure will...but, I think you know you're missing out on quite a few ponies by keeping those pipes on.

why doesnt anyone talk about LRD? they have an awesome exhaust system for the shee... if you can find the adjustable ones you can tune them to where u want the power... and they hit like no other... kinda feels like your arms are gettin ripped out... but thats just my 2 cents

DMC 916. Hardest hitting pipe i've used. Toomey's, FMF's, and Pro-Circuits all felt the same to me. They're dead down below, then have a gradual power curve from mid to top. Nothing exciting, just predictable. The DMC's seem more controllable down low for slow speeds, not really a big difference then other pipes, but noticable. It's when you get the bike to just under the powerband when this exhaust shines. And when it comes on it hits hard and pulls really hard to the top then levels off. It's not that it falls on its face, just eases out. You definately don't have to worry about short shifting and losing power with these pipes. They've responded nicely with each mod I bolted on and are unreal with my combination as of now. I can't say how they'd act with porting and bigger carbs but I have a feeling that they're about maxxed out. Besides, after you do all the bolt-ons and are ready to crack open the motor and go big, you're gonna want to look into some drag pipes anyway. Just my .02

I used to have DG Pipes, and then i got a set of Pro Circuits used. The power gain from DG's to Pro Circuits was awesome, a lot more pull everywhere, especially in mid and top when they hit. I have not been able to try FMF's, Toomey'r or anything else, but i love my pro circuits. And i'm not even ported yet :biggrin: .

all i hear most people talk about is the t-5 and t-6's . i think thay might be over rated considering that a lot of people probably buy them for their shine and sound. have you ever saw any advertisment for a toomy on tv?

Part of the reason you don't see them is because Toomey only makes pipes for banshees and blasters. The other companies like FMF and Pro Circuit make them for all types of quads AND dirtbikes. Probably a waste of money for Toomey trying to advertise on tv to a much smaller market, it costs alot of money to make commercials. Even though I have LRD's right now, my previous pipes were Toomey and I would buy them again. :thumbsup:

Part of the reason you don't see them is because Toomey only makes pipes for banshees and blasters. The other companies like FMF and Pro Circuit make them for all types of quads AND dirtbikes. Probably a waste of money for Toomey trying to advertise on tv to a much smaller market, it costs alot of money to make commercials. Even though I have LRD's right now, my previous pipes were Toomey and I would buy them again. :thumbsup:

And YFZ450 pipes now, too!!!

http://www.toomey.com/

to be honest with most of the people in this forum. I know when i buy a pair of pipes they normally stay because for a banshee its a lot of money to get a good pair. I have t5's and i love them my brother has fmf gold series and they seem alright also. I like my pipes better, but that is just me. I don't know about lrd or any of the other pipes, but i did pick up a moto fast pipe and it runs killer in the lowend. I would have to say though it did take away some of the top end power. This forum could go on for years and you will always have people saying one pipe is better then the other, but one thing all of us know is that any pair of pipes are better then no pair of pipes. If i needed another pair of pipes i would have to buy another set of t-5 if i was going with a bigger motor with lots of porting probably some cpi's. If i did more woods riding i would get a motofast, plus that pipe makes your shee sound like a street bike and is super mean!! I still love my T5's and not really impressed with the fmfs but thats me