my YFZ450 a-arm install

Mullet Man

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DDQ, thats awesome news! well, accept for your friend getting hurt.

did you notice if you fatigued less, more/faster, quicker with this suspension compared to what you had?

video :whistling: :thumbsup:

any YFZ riders comment on the new a-arm setup? i've been wanting to hear what they have to say about it. (i dont know any YFZ owners)

Edited by Mullet Man

Ok got my banshee goin again and did this mod with a little twist...

Everything bolts up great and with a little whack with the grinder the bottoms fit perfect...

I had works shocks which are slightly shorter than stock banshee shocks... I bolted those up first and boy it would have made one hell of a TT bike but as far as trail riding goes I would have been SOL...

I had a buddy parting out a 400ex that had some Honda 450R shocks on the front... I measured those in comparison to the 450YFZ shocks and the 450R shocks are 1" longer eye to eye....

So im using the YFZ a-arms with 450R shocks...

The only trick here is you need to make 4 spacers (2 per side) for the top mount of the shock on the 450R shocks... The eye let is roughly .5" narrower then the upper frame mount on the banshee frame... So I made 2 per side .25" spacers to center the shock.

Last nite was my first decent test ride and the setup works great...

The only thing I dont like Is i can barely fit the damn thing in the back of the pickup now

It is literally 6" wider overall...

In comparison to a 700 Raptor and a stock width 400ex you will be 1' wider...

handling is AMAZING... its hillarious looking at your trails in the snow and it looks like a god damn small car was climbing hills :yelrotflmao:

I can pitch it into ANY corner at ANY speed and be confident shes gonna hold

I love it...

snowman that sounds awsome. did you have to do any grinding on the honda shocks to fit them into the banshee frame like you would have to do with the the yfz 450 shocks?

negatory... the 450r shocks fit perfect... except for like i said the top mounts need some spacers made to center the shock in the frame mount...

if I remember correctly, the yfz's are 15.25 eye to eye? and the 450r's are 16.25? something like that... and my works were somewhere in the neighborhood of 14.25 eye to eye i believe...

The only thing that through me for a loop in this setup was the fact that you reverse the upper mounts... on the yfz 450s and raptors the gusset on the upper a-arms is in the front... on the banshee you need to mount that to the rear to clear your shocks...

also not paying attention i first went to put on my spindle on reverse... wow does that give you some wicked camber lol :banghead:

Snowmann, thats awesome!

i had been looking at those shocks also. but i wasnt sure how the reservoir would clear everything (being mounted to the back) and even if the shock was longer then YFZ or not.

i would like to see some pics of it if you could. :thumbsup:

Snowmann, thats awesome!

i had been looking at those shocks also. but i wasnt sure how the reservoir would clear everything (being mounted to the back) and even if the shock was longer then YFZ or not.

i would like to see some pics of it if you could. :thumbsup:

everything seems to work and clear fine... I'll try and get some pics up...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoID=1770517618 dunno if any of you are myspace whores lol but here was moments after the bike was all put back together from being torn down to the frame...

entitled... weeeeee

I got a hell of a test in today. Went to Birch Creek and hit the 110ft tripple. I cleared it this time! I hit it twice and got both jumps on video. I will post the link to the vids later. I also have a video of me hitting a 70ft step up with a yfz following me and wrecking. The 4 strokes should know better than to try to hang with a banshee!

The front end held up great today. The only thing is I have a torn tie rod end boot and another tie rod end is completely worn out and has lots of play. Check back shortly for pics and videos!

all right good to ears hurry up with pics and vids :beer:

Hey guys, I've been looking over this topic the past few days and I'm almost sold!!! As far as I could see, no one has messured the clearence from ground to fram. On a stock as they come shee it is about 10 3/4 inch. Also does anyone with this mod ride trail. If so how did it go.

Nice work Mullet man!

Hey guys, I've been looking over this topic the past few days and I'm almost sold!!! As far as I could see, no one has messured the clearence from ground to fram. On a stock as they come shee it is about 10 3/4 inch. Also does anyone with this mod ride trail. If so how did it go.

Nice work Mullet man!

:thumbsup: good to see that others are doing this and are happy with it!

i will get a measurement for you tonite, from ground to frame.

i took mine out yesterday, trail riding. no issues at all, other then having to slow down alot thru tight trees. some areas it can be a bit too wide.

i even went straight into a deep ass rut with just the right front. jarred the bars out of my hands when i hit it. no problems at all!